Someone's Back

"What do you mean you think she might be a Soul Taker?" Jack and I were already laying the random girl on one of the extra beds we had. She stopped bleeding long ago, and all we had to do was wait to find out if she was a Soul Taker.

"She could be something else. Soul Takers aren't the only creatures in the world, you know?"

"Then what about the crows? The journal said that the crows only come near a Soul Taker when they are about to absorb a soul or die themselves." At this point, we were already headed downstairs to watch some TV while we wait for her to regenerate.

"Well, what are the odds that we would stumble across another Soul Taker? You guys were supposed to be extinct. Heck, you could probably be the last one, and that's why you came back. Also, I'm not talking about in this life; I'm talking about how your blood reincarnated you in the last one and the one before that. You've probably reincarnated over a hundred time over a century for all I know."

"Just how much do you even know about Soul Takers?" He shrugged.

"Only what they can do, nothing more." What he said was enough to end our conversation. We didn't say another word for the three hours that was used up to watch TV. We only watched the news from the area we were in and some action movies which got Jack to think if he could pull off some of the things he saw. After the three hours, he decided that it was best to check up on the girl to see her regeneration process. I nodded, wanting to know what this girl knew.

When we arrived at the room that we put her in, I was shocked to find her laying on the bed, eyes closed and body not regenerated at all. "Why hasn't she regenerated at all?" I started to freak out while Jack was in place, looking straight ahead. I guessed that he was thinking.

"I probably finished her off."

"What do you mean by that? Soul Takers can come back from the dead no matter how many times we die."

"Have you forgotten that that fact is only true so long as the Soul Taker has back up souls? She was probably on her last one, and that could explain why she was putting up a fight. She didn't want to die for good."

"Wouldn't she fight even if she had back up souls? From what I read in the journal, we can still feel the pain from our death; not as bad but still there. Plus, I doubt a Soul Taker would want to lose a soul since they are valuable."

"Ok, then genius, what do you think happened for her not to regenerate if you believe that my conclusion is not the right answer?"

I looked at the girl's body, some of her long black hair was over her face and her skin already as pale as Dracula's. Her body type made her look very fragile but that might be because her mid-section was torn open so Jack could eat her.

Just observing her made things clear, so I was going to give my answer, but that is until the front doors of the hotel made a loud banging sound. I jumped, knowing that there was someone downstairs. It could be a human that wants to explore the hotel, or it could be a Hunter. It terrified me to even think of who was down there and what they were capable of doing.

"Go to your room and grab your hammer. I'll take care of our guest while you then sneak down. I want you to attack if they get away. I don't care if it is to freedom and safety or after you. We can't afford to move again." He didn't give me a chance to respond, just quickly ran for the door, ready to kill whoever was there.

I didn't want to do what he told me to do, but if he was honest about not affording to move again, then it must be severe. Maybe he said that because whoever gave us electricity, water and so on was starting to lose patience? If that was the case, then I have to do what he said. No way was I going to give up a hot shower because I was too much of a wimp. I ran to my room, grabbing the hammer that was my weapon in my last life. It felt so natural to have it in my hands that it sent a shiver down my spine.

When sneaking downstairs, I was only able to hear the sounds of people fighting. Grunts, punches, the sound of a body slamming against a wall and someone punching the same wall in which the body slammed. Whoever was fighting Jack knew what they were doing that it made me think that maybe it was the same man who chased us once I left the hospital.

Then I heard words. "Give her to me!" The sound of that feminine voice was familiar to me. I ran towards where the fight was. I had to stop Jack from his goal of killing and protecting me. I just had to. I followed the noise until it sounded like I was an inch away. I ran into the room, my eyes landing on Jack. I then ran towards him.

"Stop it!" I didn't care that Jack was still armed or that he might accidentally hurt me as I try pushing him away. I just cared about stopping him, which I did. He was now on the floor, looking at me in what I think might be a pure rage. "I need you to stop." I then turned to the person with the feminine voice.

"So you're a Soul Taker?"

I looked into their hazel eyes, their short strawberry blonde hair slightly covering their eyes and then a sly smile appeared on their face. "What gave it away?" Jacob said, his voice sounding exactly like the dead girl's voice. That was so uncomfortable.

Author Speaking: I'll make this quick because I got some business to attend to but I have realized how short the chapters are compared to some other stories so I want you, dear Creepens, to decide if I should keep them this short or make them longer. The fate of this fanfic is now in your hands. Have a good day/night, my dear Creepen.