Prologue

His footsteps echoed on the breathtaking marble staircase as he was ascending slowly.Rougly anyone used this staircase;the mystical door at its end opened either with dawn or dusk making even the most skilled teleportation casters unable to force a portal if they were not on time.

His mysterious grey eyes were dozing off on each step he was taking;lost in thought,who knew what he was thinking? Perhaps of the ball in the Institue which he was not invited at.Thinking of all the reasons he couldn't attend,he wanted to be in one at least once in his life but he was a Northborne and it was a crescent moon this night.

The Institute  wouldn't allow Northborne in grand events like these,not when they are all cursed from the Wolf Goddess,a warrior Goddess from the North,worshipped from many and likened by few;she represents honor,strength yet hatred and contempt.Many people fear this entity and so they worship her from fear and not from love.It is said that if anyone angers the Wolf Goddess swords would fall from the sky landing on your loved ones and then the Goddess herself will slice your throat slowly while you're watching in agony.

Northborne are humans who live in tribes these of skilled warriors and spiritual users existing for many years on the snowy Dullrock Mountains.One of the most mysterious and ancient civilizations in the whole realm of Selioricia.They've gone through the centuries by following and listening to the wisdom of their Chieftains who were taught by their previous leaders how to survive.They followed their traditions and honoured courage,strength and honesty.They maintain themselves by eating river fish and wild animals,while they raise taejelks which were ancient species that offered milk to the Northborne for ages.

Not being touched by the sun all that much their skin tone was paler than the other humans but their special features like their white hair and unique eye colours were admired by many.However their curse transforming them into rampaging wolves is quite fearsome,no one wants to be matched with these ancient spirit animals.The curse was random but it had a pattern,you couldn't transform unless there was a crescent moon.

It is said that the curse exists since the war of the seven realms.The realms were once seven but they lessened on each war and thus the last realm always created six more realms,no one knew the reason but that's what the tales say.

He stopped thinking and shook his head and suddenly he sensed danger "Please whoever can hear this run,run to The Staircase immediately!The headmaster has been murdered,the front door won't open and the fire is killing us!"

Colvadean remained calm and did as the voice in his head suggested,probably a telepathy user must have sent that message.The magical portal was wide open before him.The echo of the running footsteps reflected on the walls,he could tell that it was not the time for questions.He quickly walked into the portal as the closest candles were burning bright leading the way in leaving his shadow behind.

So many questions were lingering inside his head and so much regret.How could he allow this to happen?

Traveling through time,space,realms,stars he could see a skyblue light waiting for him in the end of all of this majestic trip.

The portal led him in front of the entrance of The Institute ,ironically Colvadean was the only trusted Northborne guard as he proved himself in many missions and quests that he was given by the headmaster who was kindhearted and wise.However he was not able to protect the person or the place that offered him that opportunity.

Now his job was to calm the survivors and read the situation,it was no time for meaningless regrets.

The might of the Institute was burning to ashes though it was not any fire,whoever was responsible for it they possessed great power.Ashes of elegant lilies enchanted roses and nightblossoms were burning in a horrifying but beautiful manner.You could see the beauty in the reflection of his eyes.Yes...his green,greyish eyes reflected a beautiful colour of red,orange and yellow as the Institute was burning down.It was hard to believe that such place was succumbing like this.The frustration in his eyes showed it clearly.

Soon the portal started to open and many nobles,professors and researchers were fleeing in terror.The only thing Colvadean could do was to ask if everyone was alright,the look of anger and the look of disgust that he got was actually not very helpful in this situation.Though Colvadean was known to be trusted for his many hardships it took one accident to go back to step one.No one trusted the Northborne,there were rumors that they always caused harm and death in their paths,almost like if they were cursed. Everyone was full of prejudice for the Northborne.As the curse of the Wolf Goddess is one of the most fearsome things in the realm of Selioricia.

A young lady approached Colvadean,her beauty was indescribable and with her every step the time was getting slower and slower.Colvadean gulped and came back to reality.

"Is there any way I can help?" He asked firmly as he felt bad for doing nothing all this time.

She shook her head and she smiled and with that she walked away.

Why would she smile in that situation? Did she hit her head on a pillar while she was running to save herself? Who knows? What mattered now was for him to do something.

Despite all of the looks that he got he wanted to fulfill his duty as a guard.

"I won't wait for your permission to help,now tell me what happened!" He demanded from the pathetic and helpless nobles."How do we know you're not responsible for this?"one noble yelled from the crowd.Colvadean glared at the direction from which the yelling came."Yeah! How can we be sure that you didn't do it? You hate us for being superior after all!" another noble shouted from another direction.Soon many complaints were filling the atmosphere at the point that it was impossible to tell what they were rambling about.

"That's enough!"an injured elf stood up from the ground and it leaned against a tree. "Blaming one person won't fix our state! We need help!We are all wounded and tired!" the elf raised its voice with each sentence it made."Now who would be more helpful than a guard who knows the area better than anyone else here? Isn't that right young man?"the elf asked in a different tone,more calm and delicate than the yelling before and the nobles went silent.Colvadean nodded "I should hurry and head to the closest village to bring help!"

The small village around the hill was not that far,as he could see it only with the first turn he took.Colvadean was fast,Northborne were the fastest and strongest race of humans after all.

The summer breeze was gently patting his face as he was running against it,the scent of the colourful flowers and the tall trees were filling the wind as the sun was setting in that beautiful shade of pink.

As soon as he arrived he yelled for help,the people of the village recognized him as a royal guard so they rushed immediately in fear of punishment.Colvadean explained the situation as fast as he could and the villagers made haste to the Institute so did he.

The women of the village took care of the injured and the men were trying to extinguish the fire.Prayers,chants,insults....words mixed together in the air everyone facing the situation differently.This would be a long night and not a pleasant one.