Twenty

I violently breathed in air, adjusting myself on the concrete. "Blue! Come in, Blue!" I heard Maria worry through my ear piece as I stood, brushing the dust off of my legs. Tatiana was nowhere to be found, but I could still detect the heartbeat of Steve. Explosions were taking forth all around me as I ran to the edge of the Helicarrier, glancing at the water below. "I'm here." I responded, receiving a sigh of relief from Maria. "You need to get off of that carrier, now!" She yelled, making me nod my head as if she was watching. "Don't worry. I'm on it." I took a few steps back, then ran as fast as I could off of the edge. I adjusted my flight, using the energy to steer me through the air. The energy surrounded me, launching me toward where Steve was. I couldn't find him, and it was worrying me. "I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend." I heard through my earpiece, making my breathing hitch. I heard another voice, yet it was too muffled to decode. I launched myself toward the dome, widening my eyes at the sight of Steve. He looked like he was nearing death, and I knew it was by the hand of Bucky.

I broke the glass, launching myself inside. Bucky punched him once more, nearly knocking him out. "Then finish it." I heard Steve as I balanced myself, avoiding the explosions that were now constant. "Cause I'm with you to the end of the line." He finished, right before a large piece of the interior beams landed next to him, sending him falling to the water. I screamed, watching Bucky dangle from one of the metal beams, watching his best friend fall to the water. I watched him let himself fall, making his way down to the water where Steve was.

I screamed, surrounding the whole side of the Helicarrier with energy, draining me slowly. The whole carrier came to a halt in mid air as I held it, looking down to see Bucky dragging Steve through the water. "Blue, I can see you. You need to let go, now!" I heard Nick call through, making me weaken. "It's gonna land on them if I do!" I screamed back, keeping my hold. "I don't care, let go!" I heard him scream once more, making me release the powers. The carrier fell quickly as I flew backward, avoiding myself from its trajectory. It took me a second of gazing at the sight before I noticed Bucky dragging Steve to shore below. I made my way down, watching Bucky struggle his way out of the water. I landed on the shore, Bucky didn't notice me yet. "Thank you." I breathed out- he jerked his head upward toward me, backing up slightly. He looked down at Steve with sorrow in his eyes, then back up to me. "I knew him." He croaked out, clearly weak. I nodded my head, watching his emotions change. He backed away, making me speak quickly.

"You don't have to go." I spoke, making him swing his body around. "I'm going to be killed if I don't." He replied, taking a step toward me. "I can help you." I whispered, causing his face to fall slightly. "I don't deserve help." He mumbled, breathing out. "What you've been doing, It isn't you. I can help you get yourself back; take back what HYDRA stole from you." I replied; placing a hand on his shoulder. He turned back around, walking away from me. "You can't hide from me, Bucky. Wherever you go, I can find you." I managed, but he kept walking. "Then i'll kill you." He stopped, turning to me with anger in his eyes; his hair dripping still. "You can't. You wouldn't be able to." I responded, sighing slightly. He shook his head, disappearing from sight. My mind took in my surroundings as I zoned out, I was brought back to reality when I heard Steve cough out water. "Hey, buddy." I smiled as he saw me, managing himself upright. "Hey hey, no walking for you. I'll get you to the hospital." I put my hands on him, lifting him with my powers. I pulled him close to me, launching us into the air. "I have Steve. Bringing him to the hospital now." I called into my microphone, hearing Sam quickly reply. "Alright. I'll be there."

-

"On your left." I looked up from my magazine, watching Steve glance over to Sam. I smiled as they interacted. "Finally awake, huh?" I placed the magazine down, leaning forward on my chair. "Well, he's alive. That's always good- ya know, when people aren't dead." Sam joked, pausing his music. I shook my head at his foolery, watching the guards outside. "How did you get me out?" He asked; his voice sounding similar to sandpaper. "I held the carrier up while Bucky got you out." I responded quietly, looking down. His face was pure confusion as he looked forward, taking in my words. "After he left I took you here." I finished as Sam dead panned the floor, thinking about the situation as well. "He got me out?" He asked, clearly not believing it completely. I nodded before he spoke again. "Why?" He questioned. "He said he knew you." I replied, fiddling with my fingers. "He left before I could say anything else." I replied, gesturing toward the guards. Sam put two and two together before speaking. "Oh." He pointed at the guards, making me stifle a laugh. I nodded, sitting back in my chair. They understood quickly that I couldn't say much with the guards around.

I knew this wasn't the end of the pain and being thankful that we were all intact. This journey was never what I expected it to be when I came to Washington D.C, but at the same time I knew it wasn't going to be ordinary. I saw may best friend again after years of her disappearance, and I finally know the truth about why she vanished in the first place. With all of the realizations and tragedies aside, I had to find him again. Something inside me was creeping it's way out; I needed to help him. Something was demanding it. I attached myself to Bucky, and I knew that wasn't the last I would see of him.