Chapter 7

Gun's POV

After I let the young lady in, my grandmother went into the living room to meet her.

"Why thank you for bringing the birthday cake that your mom baked for my husband!" my grandmother said, taking the box that the young lady handed over to her.

"My mom sends her apologies that she won't be able to attend the party this evening," the young lady said with a regretful smile. "She has been getting a lot of cake orders to work on lately."

"Well, that's good," my grandmother said, "it means that your bakery business is thriving very well."

My grandmother noticed the young lady side eyeing me curiously.

"Oh, how remiss of me," my grandmother said, "that is my grandson Gunnapat. Gun, this is your late mother's best friend's daughter, Linda."

I was about to bow and place my hands together in respectful acknowledgment of her introduction but she stretched out her hand to me so I was forced to take it.

As we were shaking hands, I noticed how soft they were. I looked at her smiling eyes. They were so pretty and enticing.

"I'm pleased to meet you," she said, "should I address you as P'?"

"You don't have to," my grandmother replied for me, "you were both born on the same day in the same year."

"Really?" Linda and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Your mothers were such close friends, they were like sisters to each other. They got married on the same day, and they agreed to time their having babies on the same day," my grandmother explained.

"I don't know if your mother told you," my grandmother continued, looking at Linda intently, "but they also had an agreement that if one of them had a girl and the other had a boy, that they would arrange for the two of them to get married when they grew up to be adults."

My eyes grew wide at that revelation, while Linda's hands flew to her face to cover her blushing cheeks.

"But of course, you know what happened, his mother died when he was only five years old, and your parents and you left for Japan because your father's company assigned him there to work on an engineering project. Your mother and you came back to Bangkok just a few years ago after your father died, right?"

Linda nodded sadly to acknowledge my grandmother's information.

"I'm glad your mother was able to put up a successful bakery business and was eventually able to track me down," my grandmother continued.

"Do you live with your grandma?" Linda asked me.

"Yes, he does," my grandmother replied for me.

"How come my mother and I never see you whenever we visit?" she asked me.

"Because he has been working on a drama series and has been busy promoting it and has been having a succession of fan meetings and promo events. He is mostly never home these days," again my grandmother answered for me.

"Grandma!" I protested, "let me answer for myself!"

Both Linda and my grandmother laughed together.

" By the way, Grandma, my mother sent me here not only to deliver the cake but also to help you out in the kitchen," Linda said.

She noticed my curious expression.

"Your grandma has told me that I can call her grandma, too," Linda hastened to explain.

"I have no objections to that," I said with a smile.

I noticed a glint in my grandmother's eyes after she heard me say that.