1

Hot steam filled the bathroom Veronica shared with Scott at his house

Hot steam filled the bathroom Veronica shared with Scott at his house. She stood in the shower, her eyes closed and her head leaned back as she allowed the scorching hot water to hit her hair.

She turned her body around so the water hit her face instead of her hair. She suddenly shivered. Not because the water felt cold, but because of the memories that suddenly filled her head.

She winced, her eyes shutting as she was overcome of all the people her former alter ego Cassandra Valet had killed while possessing Veronica's body.

Veronica had taken lives before. Many lives. But she always had a reason. She killed her father to claim his alpha status. She killed her entire pack after killing her father to gain power. Both of which had been done because she had been manipulated by Deucalion at a young age, which gave her a pass. Then, there was Kincaid, the last living member of her father's pack. She had killed him in fear of him going to tell Corinne, her former stepmother of her whereabouts.

For years, the blood on her hands scared her to death, but that was nothing compared to what she felt thinking about all the people Cassandra had killed while possessing her. Innocent people. Humans.

Veronica cried out, feeling a sudden pain in her head as the memories resurfaced once more. Blood. Bodies. Screams. Cries. It was all she could picture and hear in her mind.

She took a deep breath, her eyes fluttering open to suddenly hallucinate blood at the bottom of the shower. She loudly gasped, quickly turning off the water.

She opened the shower curtain, only to have her eyes widen when she saw imaginary blood all over the bathroom tiles and wall.

The word, "Killer" was written in blood on the bathroom mirror, causing her to hyperventilate, unable to breathe.

"Just breathe, just breathe," Veronica panted for breath, "Alpha...Beta... Omega..." She quietly repeated to herself, her red eyes glowing while her claws and fangs began to grow, all of which happened as she struggled to stop herself from turning, "Alpha.... Beta...Omega!" She screamed out, her tone sounding more like a roar.

She inhumanly growled as she punched the mirror that read the words, "Killer" in blood. The mirror shattered, most of the small pieces of it falling into the bathroom sink while others flew in all different directions.

She continued to pant for breath, unable to breathe. She pressed her back against the wall, sliding down until she was sitting on the floor. She placed her face in the palm of her hands as she began to cry. For about an hour, she sat on the bathroom, completely naked as she stared off into space, in deep thought.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated on its spot on top of the closed toilet seat. She immediately stood up, clearly being snapped out of her horrific state.

She picked up her phone, only to see that it was a text from Stiles saying, "They need us!!"

Veronica's eyes immediately lit up. She picked up her clothes, putting them on before rushing out the door.