Chapter 1: Woodland Winds that Strike her Chime

Yuri exhaled slightly as she pushed the classroom door open. She set down her bag next to a desk close to the classrooms front, then gazed around before noticing Sayori waving her hands at her.

" Oh-! There you are Sayori. I almost thought you have forgotten about the tutoring we had this afternoon. " Yuri sighed as she sat down next to Sayori, giving her a small chuckle. 

" Hey! It's not like I was trying to get home to sleep in-I um..just wanted to get some rest yesterday! " Sayori said quickly as she opened her notebook, while holding her homework papers. Yuri analyzed them before grabbing a pencil and writing some equations down, then explaining how they work.

" See, you carry the decimal over to the side, then divide the denominator by the numerator. It's not too difficult once you get used to the equations. " Yuri wrote down a problem and watched as Sayori solved it, repeating her instructions.

" Wow! This isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Hm..you should totally be a teacher or something, Yuri! " Sayori beamed a smile at Yuri, making her grin a little.

" Maybe, but lets get back to your homework. " Yuri said, grabbing the pencil and getting to work, explaining more to Sayori.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri sighed as she exited the classroom, grabbing her book, and heading to her usual path that lead to the woods. Yuri always loved going to the woods and enjoying strolls down the path that was lit by Chinese lanterns. Yuri sighed at the thought of it. Even though she went every night, it was more beautiful ever time.

Yuri rounded the corner and took the empty path through the woods. She could relax here, and she even talks to herself sometimes.

" It's a beautiful night. " Yuri sighed as she walked deeper into the woods. " I wonder why none ever comes here this late to see the lanterns. " Yuri walked to a tree and stood there for a moment, before movement caught her eye.

Something on the other side of the path moved quickly, only a blur to Yuri's view. Yuri kept quiet, but watched that spot for a moment. It sounded as if multiple pad-steps from wolves were running across the path. But there was a distinct sound of footsteps as well.

Is someone here? Maybe they are lost.

Yuri walked out to the paths center and saw a figure running away from her and closer to the woods edge, just out of the lanterns light of the path. Yuri, unknowingly, ran after her, trying to keep pace. Yuri tried to call out to the strange girl as she ran, but it seemed to not phase her.

Yuri stopped, loosing track of the girl. Yuri panted slightly, she had ran quite a while. So, she sat down on a log and looked at the lake. It had a wonderful view under the moonlight, and made Yuri's eyes sparkle with calmness. 

But across the waters edge, Yuri saw a dark figure staring back at her. She seemed to be standing by a pack of wolves, which seemed to odd to be true. Yuri's eyes must be deceiving her, but then again, the woman seemed to make Yuri's body shudder with longing. Yuri rose to her feet and stepped closer to the lakes edge, wanting to get a better view.

Yuri took another step, then another. And soon, Yuri slipped and fell into the lake's cool water, inhaling water into her lungs and choking, before going into darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri coughed up cool water, her back facing the figure behind her. Yuri looked up and saw the girl, but with closer features. She had a distinctive soft smile with coral brown hair, a white bow, and emerald green eyes. But, she also was surrounded by, wolves..?

Yuri seemed afraid, yet intrigued at the same time. Yuri stayed silent as the girl tilted her head at her, her soft smile fading.

" You're afraid of me. " The strange girl spoke softly, looking Yuri directly in the eyes. " Why..are you afraid of me? " Yuri looked down at the ground, now guilty of giving off her fear, since the girl did save her. Yuri opened her mouth to speak, but was unable. This seemed to offend the girl.

The girl got to her feet and ran into the woods, followed by the pack of wolves, leaving only the brush of wind behind. Yuri sat there and stared at where she had left, and suddenly, she felt her heart skip a beat.

What is this?!

Yuri placed a hand on her heart.

I need to find her tomorrow and speak to her-!

And with that, Yuri walked home, the strange girl still on her mind.