Chapter 14: " Going Home. " ( Finale )

" Can you heard me? " Monika could hear the voice echo in her head. Or was it in her head? Maybe she's hearing someone trying to talk to her. She couldn't tell, but she could hear frantic voices and the sound of a slamming door.

--------------------------

   " Put her on the table! " Yuri yelled, throwing everything off her kitchen table and laying Monika on it. " I have a med kit in the cabinet! " Natsuki and Sayori rushed to the cabinet and searched until the found the med kit, quickly handing it to Yuri. Yuri began removing the burning stick from Monika, Monika wincing in pain and yelping slightly, before beginning to wrap her wound.

   " Is she going to be..okay..? " Sayori stammered as she watched the event unfold. Monika was lying still on the table, her chest barely letting them know she was breathing at all. Sayori looked at Yuri hopefully.

   " I-...don't know, " Yuri replied, not making eye contact. Sayori looked down at the floor, disappointed. " But I know this; Monika never gives up without a fight. "

---------------------------

  Monika could feel the agonizing pain, even if she wasn't awake. Everyone was talking at the same time, and it made her head ache even more. Monika felt every word claw at her skull and brain until she couldn't take it anymore. Monika pushed herself into a sitting position, sending pain all through her body and causing her to yelp.

   " Agh! " Monika clutched the wound on her stomach. " God..that hurts. " Suddenly, Monika was embraces by three different people; Natsuki, Yuri, and Sayori, causing some relief to flood through Monika. It has been a long time since I have had a group of friends like this. let alone humans.

    " Never do anything life that again you meanie! " Sayori whined as she glared at Monika. " You really scared me! " Monika gave an awkward chuckle.

    " Sorry 'bout that, " Monika put one hand over her face in embarrassment. " I didn't expect all this to happen, and I definitely don't have a pack anymore. " Which definitely does suck. Monika peered over her shoulder and held her arms wide open, looking at Yuri.

    " Huh? " Yuri looked confused, closing the med kit. Monika sighed.

   " Give me a hug, silly, " Monika chuckled. Yuri awkwardly opened her arms and then gave Monika a gentle hug, this lasting for a few moments.

   " Hey! You two can do that later! " Natsuki called out, poking Monika in the back. " You need to stop being a baka and getting hurt by everyone! " Natsuki gave Monika a light punch in the shoulder, causing a chuckle out of everyone. " It's a real pain having to save your butt all the time! "

  " I guess I should say that I wont do anything like that anymore, " Monika shrugged, " But I can't give you my word for it. " Monika sighed and pat Natsuki on the head, wincing from the movement. " Don't worry so much about it. Consider this payment for being such a pain sometimes. " 

  " Wha-?! " Natsuki was about to retort, but Yuri pushed her back to quiet her. Yuri looked at Monika and took in a deep breath of air.

  " Since all of that is over-and as far as I know, you as pack leader is now over, we should help you get home," Yuri stated, giving off a small smile. " It's the least we can do. "

  Monika shook her head and gave a small chuckle, " There's no need to do that. "

  " What..? Why not-? "

  " Because, " Monika smiled and pressed her forehead against Yuri's, " I'm already home. "