Confessions 2.0.

I don't miss you...

I miss missed calls at odd times, swollen kisses at midnight and loving hands that held me right. 

I don't miss you. I miss loving for love's sake. I miss living through your mistakes and wanting someone's hand in mine has left me a mess in this way. Your temporary stay which created this perfect world mingling innocence and want has left me this way. But this Sinner's Paradise didn't suffice. I needed the sky. The space frees my inhibition-less spirit. But Alas! You're afraid of heights. 

You could have tried to adapt to my world as I did to your bottomless Hell. Thank you for not trying. I live in the lights of a world that burns too bright for your dull shades of dark to tolerate. But I miss that. 

It's not you. It's the idea of someone that will always be there. Someone that won't numb my heart and poison my mind. Someone I'd want and not need to momentarily help me forget the weight on my shoulders. 

I'm a mess. I know I am. But maybe messes go perfectly with pristine and clear cut sparks. Maybe crazy and insanity were mean to be. Maybe the wild ones do more for me and my broken, half-assed heart. 

Maybe, just maybe, I don't miss you. I miss being in love. I miss knowing that "Happily Ever After" was just a train ride away. 

Maybe, just maybe, I miss having love on the brain.

                                  - Sunaina Garimella

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N : I always hate this piece but I thought if I posted it someone could give me some tips on how to make it better. Hope you liked it!