Chapter 22

Khushi's POV

Lady (smiling) - Khushi, can you please get me the file?

I go towards my new cabin, to get the file and on my way I notice Lavanya throwing a file in anger, not wanting to disturb her, I go towards my cabin and get the file that the lady wanted. As soon as I reach there, I see the lady hugging someone and blushing. Wonder who he is? I go towards the people and the lady smiles as she sees me.

Lady (smiling) - Hello Khushi, this is my husband, Rahul...

The guy forwards his hand to shake and I shake it with a smile.

Rahul (smiling) - So, you are the Khushi that I have heard about from A...

The lady punches Rahul in the stomach and then eyes him as if he is about to reveal something top secret to me.

Rahul (nervous) - I mean... how are you Khushi?

Me (curious) - Fine, and you Mr Rahul?

Rahul (smiling) - Call me Rahul... I am absolutely fine, Khushi, I will let you guys go back to work now... but can you please make sure that my beautiful wife doesn't stress a lot and has her meals, as it won't be good for her health...

Wait, is this lady pregnant? That's why she is glowing so much. OMG, how did I not notice?

Me (smiling) - Don't worry, Rahulji... I will look after your wife... don't take tension

Rahul gives a quick peck to his wife and then leaves, while I stare at the lady who is blushing.

Me (smiling) - He loves you a lot... you are so lucky... may I ask, what's your name?

Lady (nervous) - I know... he loves me a lot... you are so right, I am so lucky to have him... I don't know what I will do without him... but, my name is Payal...

I give her a smile and we again start working. Working with Payal is so much fun, she makes so many funny jokes, and she respects me and my opinion so much. I am so glad, that I choose this place for my internship. Soon, it was lunch and Payal invites me to sit with her for lunch.

Payal (smiling) - You know Khushi, your company is making this boring job much better... otherwise, this work is so boring... especially... since no one talks to anyone... (upset) I hated working here... and I was about to quit today but due to your company I haven't.... And you know the boss is actually...

As Payal is about to continue, she gets a call from someone and excuses herself and when she returns, I could see her sweating and crying.

Payal (crying) - I need to go hospital... please... take care... of the work... fo...for... Me...

And Payal runs towards the hospital while I nervously finish my lunch. I have to see dad in the hospital later as well, maybe I might see Payal.

Saumya's POV

For this whole class, I have seen Rudra and Bhavya constantly flirting with each other. Ughh, so annoying. Firstly, after their 'cute' no not cute but stupid hug, Rudra again went towards my sit with Bhavya behind him and then set there, with Bhavya besides him while I look at it shocked. He took my sit and now my friend. Who does he think he is? Ughh... so annoying. I stomp up to them and fake cough to gain their attention but, they are too busy staring at each other to notice me. I will do anything to gain their attention.

Me (annoyed) - Hello (clicks fingers)

Rudra (annoyed but doesn't look at me, still looks at Bhavya) - Can't you see we are busy, come back later

Who does this guy think he is? I thought... after yesterday, we had some chemistry and he wasn't as bad as I thought. But I was wrong... he is bad. I leave him to sit beside some nerd, but for some reason... I feel bad... bad to see him with someone, I don't know why ... but I just do. We aren't even friends... then why.

Teacher (yelling) - Saumya!

I jerk out of my thoughts to see the whole class staring at me including Rudra and Bhavya, and so is the teacher.

Teacher (annoyed) - What is wrong with you Saumya? Since yesterday, you have been lost... pay attention or I will have to kick you out of class.

Me (embarrassed) - Sorry mam

The teacher gives me a death glare and then goes back to marking the roll. I could see that a lot of people are staring at me as I have always been a perfect girl, never got in trouble.

Teacher - Can you please go and sit next to your partners?

Rudra (annoyed) - Sorry ms, but I am fine where I am... I want to switch partners...

What the heck? He can't switch partners, we have done so much work together... he is choosing Bhavya over me... no way. I get ready to answer back but before that, the teacher answers back to him.

Teacher (smirking) - Rudra, this is my classroom and I decided who you were going to work with... and as far as I know, it was with Saumya. Also, I may have let you choose your partner, if you weren't being so sassy with me... now if you don't want to fail this year again... then go sit next to Saumya.

I internally smile seeing the teacher asking him to sit next to me, wow, you rock ms. Rudra, with a gloomy face, comes to sit next to me, while Bhavya gives a death glare to the teacher and the teacher ignores her. Bhavya is paired up to the nerd sitting next to me, and Bhavya hates him a lot. He looks handsome, but the fact that he is a nerd makes Bhavya angry. Anyway, Rudra sits beside me with no interest and then stays on his phone. What is wrong with him? Why is he behind such an ass?

Precap - None