Chapter 23

Saumya's POV

Sitting next to Rudra was the worst time ever. Throughout, the whole class he was texting Bhavya while Bhavya was texting him back. Bhavya was smiling and blushing in class. Oh god, help me. I just sat on the table, pretending that I am doing work. As soon as class finished, I ran towards the locker to get my books. I need to see dad. With the determination, I rush to put all my things from locker to in my bag, but suddenly I see a note between the books and that's when I realise, I have to send him a note.

Dear Stranger,

You are right, people will come and go. Can I ask, how do you know that I went through something heartbreaking? Are you some mind reader? Lol, that would be cool. Anyway, I will wait for your answer. Thanks for all the support you have given me.

Warm regards,

Friend

After dropping this to the art room, I rush towards the parking lot and as expected, I see di there but... with Rudra. Why do I see that guy everywhere? OMG, I am so done with him. I go towards di with a bright smile and di smiles brightly to me as well, that means her first day at her job was good. I ignore the fact that Rudra is here and I start talking to di.

Me (smiling) - Hi di, how has your day been?

di(smiling) - It has been so good... I was just about to tell Rudra about where I work...

Me (annoyed) - Di, let's go...we will talk on the way... and I want to talk to you privately...

di (surprised) - Did you both fight?

Rudra (annoyed) - No di, she has been acting like this in cl...

Me (annoyed) - It's because of you I am acting like this... you first stole my di... and then my chair... and then my friend... ugh... why do you always have to steal my things? Di, are you coming with me or do you want me to go to the hospital myself?

Di makes an annoyed face and then goes towards the car to sit at the drivers seat while Rudra glares at me as I leave and I could see some type of emotion in the glare, however, I don't know what emotion that is. The drive to the hospital was fun, di talked about her first day at work and told me how Lavanya got an invisible slap from her boss. Wonder who her boss is, it seems as if unknowingly he is helping di just like my stranger. Anyway, we get to the hospital and I rush towards the receptionist to ask about dad while di goes to park her car. After reaching the room, I go inside silently and hug dad who is sleeping, I even cry seeing him in such a condition. Is it my fault you are in this condition? Is it dad? Is mum right? I don't even know. After getting up from the hug, I sit on the chair, waiting for dad to wake up when mum comes and drags me away from the room and makes me stand outside.

Mum (annoyed) - I told you to stay away from him, can't you see that he is in this situation because of you... Just go back to that guy and live with him.. I don't want you anywhere near him.

That's it, my brain suddenly lost control of my temper and I burst at mum

Me (angry) - Stop it, mum, I am not the source of the problems,  what proof do you? For more than 20 years I have been living with him, and for more than 20 years he was healthy, just because of this... you are blaming me...

Mum (angry) - You idiot, because of you he in this condition, we had to run away from India because of you... he cared more about you than his own wife and blood daughter... you are the reason why my Khushi doesn't get all the father love... you are the reason, I lost my second child... you are my problem... GET LOST!

What? Di lost her brother or sister because of me...I am the cause... NO!

I rush away from mum not being able to force reality and I go towards a corridor and then suddenly everything went blank, I don't know what happened but my vision became black and I heard a voice asking me if I was alright.

Khushi's POV

After parking the car, I go towards dad's room but on my way, I see Payal crying outside the room. I rush towards her and hug her to console her while she hugs me back. After letting go of the hug, I look at Payal to get some answers to my questions.

Me (worried) - Are you ok, Payal? Is everything fine?

Payal (upset) - No Khushi, nothing is fine... my brother is in the hospital... while

Me (upset) - everything will be fine, you can talk to me Payal... I will listen to you and I won't judge you... I promise... think of me as a friend... or sister...

Payal (upset) - You know Khushi, my sister-in-law... is forcing me to get my brother married to her... by my sister-in-law, I mean Rahul's sister... however, I don't want that... she is really bad... she is an alcoholic... gold-digger and mannerless girl... I tried to tell Rahul about my sister-in-law forcing me .... But... he doesn't believe me... and she is even torturing me when Rahul isn't home... so that she can marry my brother.... I accidentally told her that my brother is married so that she stops annoying me... and now she wants to meet his wife.... Please tell me Khushi, what should I do?

Me (worried) - I don't know what to say Payal... I mean I can help you expose her... I don't know how but I am willing to... and I understand where your husband is coming from.... I mean, it's hard for him to believe you... and Payal... for the time being... you can stay with me whenever your husband isn't around.... So that you are safe....

Payal (smiling) - Thank you so much Khushi, you just gave me an idea... can you be my choote's wife... just pretend.... Please for me... since you know my problem, you will be able to help me...

Me (shocked) - Payal... I ... I can't do that... I don't even know your brother, then how can I be his wife? I can't act as well... I think you will have to find someone else...

Payal (upset) - No Khushi, you are perfect for him... and I don't want anyone else to be his wife as I can't trust them... I can only trust you...

Me (worried) - I will have to think about it Payal... but for now... I need to see my dad

I give Payal a hug and then I turn to go to the aisle where my dad is but on the way, I see a guy holding Saumya who has fainted... OMG... my sister....

Precap - Will Khushi agree to do a fake marriage act for Payal?

              - Is Saumya alright?