Awsten x Reader

You walked into the house you share with your boyfriend Awsten. He's supposed to be coming home from tour today, but you didn't know what time because he wouldn't tell you. Awsten hasn't been home in two months and you haven't felt right since he left. You set your keys down on the counter and take off your shoes. You make your way to the kitchen and look for something to eat.

While you were pouring yourself a bowl of cereal, you hear a crash from upstairs. You set down the carton of almond milk and run over to the closet. You grab a tooth bat that Awsten got from a fan, you thought it could do some damage. You quietly make your way up the stairs and to the bedroom door. You could hear someone talking. "God damn it that was a fucking stupid idea."

You opened the door, tooth bat raised, and swung. Who ever was in your bedroom screamed. "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N! What the fuck?! It's me!" You stopped swinging the tooth bat and looked at the intruder. "Holy Shit, Awsten!" Dropping the tooth bat, you practically jump onto him. "I missed you so fucking much I cant believe you're home oh my- wait." You pulled away from the hug. "Why did you come through the second story window?" His cheeks turned red as he realized his plan didn't work, something that happens often with him. "I wanted to surprise you."

"Surprise me? Awsten, you nearly made me shit myself and kill you with a tooth bat." He laughed, "Sorry?" You smile and roll your eyes as you engulf him in another hug. "You're an idiot." He tightly hugs you back, "Yeah but I'm your idiot." "True."
———————————————————Later that evening, you both were lying on the couch watching a movie. You were curled up into his chest. You rolled over and buried your face into the crook of his neck. "Awsten?" "Hm?" "You smell good." He chuckled, "Do I?" "Mhm, you always do." "I'm glad. I wouldn't want to smell like shit." That made you both smile.

Awsten smells like a musky blueberry. Sure, that may sound stupid but it's true. Although, in the morning it's more of a musky coffee blueberry. You loved it so much. You often borrowed his hoodies and shirts just for the smell. It comforted you. It reminded you of home. Awsten was your home. You really hoped he knew that.

Not moving your head from his shoulder you mumble, "I hope you know you're like home to me."
————————————————————
A few days later Awsten bursts through the door. "Y/N? I got you a present!" You gigged, got off the bed, and walked over to him. "And what would that be?" He handed you a plain white paper bag. You look at him and then pulled the present out the bag. It was a candle with his face on it.

"Awsten I-" He stopped you "Read the name." You did. It was called 'Musky Coffee Blueberry Knight'. "Awsten, I never told you that-" "You talk in your sleep Y/N." You stared at him. "I really said 'Musky Coffee Blueberry Knight' in my sleep?" He nodded. Damn.

"Anyway, I went to Yankee Candle and I made them make me a custom candle that smells like me with that label. They said no at first, but I refused to leave and I gave them $300." You pulled Awsten into a hug. "God, you're literally the best boyfriend ever. I love it, Thank you." He smiled, "You're welcome."

You pulled back from the hug and looked up at him.

"Promise me one thing though."

"Yeah?"

"Never terrorize Yankee Candle employees again."

"No promises."