Chapter 29

Ella's body froze as the glare of the light from the knife got caught in her eye sight. Brendon inched closer and closer, his sadistic smile growing larger with every step he took.

Ella pleaded to him with her eyes, hoping that he would soon realize that he didn't want to do what he was about to do. Once he reached her, he bent down, looking into her eyes.

"It seems like you don't want to have fun, Ella? Why is that?" She knew that he wanted an answer, but she couldn't speak since the tape still covered her mouth. 

Slowly ripping the tape off, Brendon smirked, watching as Ella winced at the pain. "There ya go, buttercup. Now, you can answer my question." Ella looked into the chocolate eyes that she knew so well, but didn't know so well at the same time. 

"I expect an answer from you, buttercup. I don't want to have to force you to have the fun I'm going to have." Ella gulped, watching as Brendon twirled the knife around his fingers, focusing on it like it was her life dangling from a piece of string. 

"I, uh, I guess I just don't want to g-get hurt." Brendon turned his head to the side, looking like a confused puppy. "Oh, sweetheart, I would never hurt you. If I did, I would only do it to help you."

Ella furrowed her eyebrows. "How would hurting me help me?" Brendon chuckled, stabbing the knife into the chair's armrest. 

"By simply warning you not to disobey me, Ella. This isn't exactly my first rodeo, doll." Ella gulped, watching as he began to pace back and forth in front of her. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Brendon looked down at her. "You already did, but go ahead." 

"Why did you take me instead of just telling me how you feel about me?" Brendon clenched his jaw, thinking about his original plan. It wasn't exactly too late to put that plan into action, but he didn't want to put it into action anymore.

"Well, you see, I moved here only because my backstory isn't the greatest, and I'll tell you why. If I see a girl that looks like a model or something out of a movie, I take her. Now, I normally don't allow them to speak to me, Ella."

"And, why is that?" Brendon smirked, bending down to whisper in her ear.

"Because I sewed their mouths shut, placing red lipstick on their plump lips. You see, I made my own creations. Of course, they were still alive, but they were made by me. I called them my dolls, each of them had their own specialties. I planned on making you into one, but I got way too enchanted with your beauty."

"I can't ruin it like I did with the rest of my creations."