Chapter 57

Brendon slowly pulled into a parking spot, putting the car in park. He already knew that Ella had been asleep, but he was expecting her to be up by the time he parked.

Brendon looked over to the passenger seat, seeing that Ella was stirring a little bit. He softly smiled, then placed some of her hair behind her ear.

Carefully, Brendon began to shake Ella, which surprisingly woke her up quickly. Ella groaned, then looked out the window while she stretched out.

"Where are we?" Brendon sighed, not wanting to tell her just yet. Although Ella could tell that they were parked behind a warehouse, she still wanted to know why they were here.

"Well, we're at one of my friends' warehouses for some...supplies. I thought that I would take you here cause you've been stuck in the house for so long."

Ella nodded, then unbuckled her seatbelt. Opening the door, she was met by a rancid smell. Ella quickly covered her nose, then looked over at Brendon, who seemed to be fine with the smell.

"Can you not smell that? It's terrible whatever it is." Brendon chuckled, then walked around to Ella's side, wrapping an arm around his waist.  

As the two made their way into the ominous building that only Brendon knew way too well, the smell grew worse.

"Brendon, I don't like it here at all. Can we please leave?" He shook his head and held Ella tighter.

"Trust me, darling. We'll be back home pretty soon." She bit her lip and nodded, then looked around the warehouse, not able to see anything.

It was dark and the warehouse was quite humid. The smell grew worse as they grew closer to the destination.

Soon, a couple of the lights turned on, revealing a man in a trench coat. "Brendon Urie. I thought I would never see you again."

Ella looked over at Brendon, furrowing her eyebrows. "Well, if it isn't Spencer Smith. I haven't heard from you in a while."

He shrugged, then made his way closer to the duo. "Trust me, Urie. We've got a lot to go over."