7 - Friendship

Chanyeol's POV:

Chanyeol's POV:

I stare at myself blankly while the stylist curls my hair. Make-up is done and the others are putting on their suits. But as I stare at myself, my head drifts to the thoughts of her until it's fully occupied of what happened last night.

Each word, each phrase, I remember them clearly.

"Had a great morning, Chanyeol-ssi?" The stylist asks, looking at me through the mirror with a soft smile across her lips.

"More like a great night which caused this great morning," I replied, smiling back.

"Good for you, you guys needed a break." She said, before continuing to go over the next set of hair to curl softly.

Chaeyoung and I came to an understanding -- that whatever happens, we wouldn't let it get to us. That we must always open up on what's happening or what's bothering us so we could help out each other.

But before all this,

"Uhm, about my text..." she started, thumbs fidgeting as she holds a cup of tea right after we had dinner.

"Channie's been such a good friend to me and I don't want to think of it in such a way that I'll be mistaking your goodness to something else... We, uhm... going out publicly like this, it's dangerous for us, isn't it?"

The moment she admitted she lied, I knew it has something to do with getting caught. At the first place, we kept our friendship a secret to everyone. This is just friendship but we both knew the cost of someone finding out we are secretly meeting.

If she had not admitted, I knew that the lie would've continued because she will try to avoid me so we wouldn't get caught by everyone else.

"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble... but, mistaking my goodness?" I asked. I was treating her special and I'm glad she felt it which would mean that she thinks she's assuming things she thought wasn't real.

"You're not mistaking anything," I added, looking at her eyes who instantly darted up to mine in disbelief.

I should be the one to admit something like this. I shouldn't be making her confused as it clearly is what she is thinking at the moment. 

"Huh?" She hummed in such a melodious, questioning tone.

"It's exactly what you think it is. But, I just don't want to rush things and overwhelm you because I'm afraid you'll avoid me if I do." I answered.

She then looks down on her cup before biting her lower lip. "So... Channie, you actually..." she trailed off before lifting her gaze back at me again.

I nodded once and smiled.

I don't know if my smile was awkward and nervous because heck, it felt like my heart is finding it's way out my chest.

"But, can we take our time? Stay like this and get to know each other?" She asked.