Chapter 2

Around mid morning everyone was asleep in the large castle. Aside from Hanji, who was walking down a very long hallway to Levis' room in her usual routine of waking him up, and the rest of her large family in the process. As she reached the last door on the left she heard the silence of a sleeping Levi as expected. Yes, her method of waking Levi up wasn't really the best or safest, but it worked.

Hanji flung the door open as hard as she could whilst starting to yell Levi's name, but then she stopped at a very unusual sight. The stone hearted Levi had his arms wrapped around Eren as if he was Levis' anchor to life.

Hanji chuckled through her hands that were over her mouth at a failed attempt to muffle the giggles trying to escape her.

"What the fuck do you want?" Levi asked in a voice full of sleep, not moving from his spot holding a sleeping Eren.

"I was just waking you up for the experiments, and was greeted to this adorableness!" Hanji said through sequels of excitement.

"Will you shut up four eyes." Levi insulted her, while snuggling into Eren's back more, still turned from Hanji. Levis' voice softened "You'll wake him up."

"What's this all about?" Petra asked as she rushed to the loud noise coming from Levis' room. The rest of the squad followed her stopping behind Hanji.

"Take a look for yourself" Hanji said swooping her right arm to gesture towards Levi and Eren. Eren started to stir as he woke up to the loud squealing and intakes of breath as he looked down to be met with Levi's soft gray eyes.

"Good morning." Eren said to Levi in a sleepy whisper, leaning slightly to close the space between their lips for a soft kiss before seeing the small crowd starting to turn and leave.

"Levi?" Eren asked looking at the door but talking to Levi. "What was that about?"

"What do you think it was about?" Levi said sarcastically as he slid off the bed and walking over to his closet pulling out a clean pair of pants and shirt.

Eren looked puzzled. "I don't know." Eren said as he looked to Levi.

"Really?" Levi asked in an annoyed tone, as he finished buttoning his shirt. "Think about it while you get dressed, brat."

"I'm not a brat." Eren mumbled softly  so Levi wouldn't  hear him. After the two dressed, they walked down the long hallway and down the short staircase into the dining hall to join the rest of the squad at the table for breakfast. Levi sat at his normal place at the head of the table with his back to the door.   Levi had Eren sit to his right , instead of setting at the other end where he normally sat As Eren sat down the whole squad went quiet,and stared at them as Levi drank his coffee and Eren just sat there nibbling on a piece of bread.

"Oi, Levi when are the new recruits coming?" Auruo asked in his 'Levi mimicking' voice and vocabulary.

"Erwin said they'd be here today." Levi shot a death glare to Eren, who just shrugged in return.

"That makes sense." Gunther chimed into the conversation about the newbies.

"Eren, do you know if any of your friends will join?" Levi asked as he picked up his cup bring it to his lips and taking a sip.

"Yeah." Eren said sadly, looking down at his plate in front of him. Thinking about all his friends, he didn't know who lived and who died in the latest battle. Petra took notice to his sudden change in mood, and put a hand on his shoulder as a silent comfort.Eren looked to Levi hoping to find some sort of comfort in his eyes that could help him think of anything other than the thought of his friends and only family dying because of him. As Levi looked up he saw Eren's beautiful green eyes filled with tears. The sight almost broke him in tiny little pieces on the floor. To change this he simply offered a small smile to try and help lighting up Eren's already shitty day. Eren just looked at Levi not caring that the whole squad was looking Levis' way in shock that he was really smiling, but the shock soon faded after they followed the smile to Eren. The whole room went quiet from this seemingly small act which somehow somehow meant the world to one. Eren broke the gaze and Levis' smile faded  soon after. Erwin entered through the door walking so he was behind Levi's chair, with his hands behind his back.