Chapter 2: Mates (Edited)

Moonbin

Today is Monday and I need to wake up early for college. Yeah...Yeah we also need to go to school to cope up with modern people. In fact, some of our kind are already working with humans especially for those who had a human for a mate.

"Binnie! Come down now, baby boy. Breakfast is ready!" That's my mom. She is very loud and sometimes very annoying too.

I just groan and scratch my neck as I walk downstairs. They are both munching their meals already when I reach the dining.

I even caught my dad holding his grin when he saw how mom treats me as a pup instead of a 21-year-old wolf. Yup, I'm already in my senior years taking up chemical science. I want to create medications that are useful for us wolves.

"Mom please stop calling me baby boy. Look, I'm old enough already and is also one of the strongest warriors of our pack but still, you're treating me like a pup." I said to her while getting my set of bacon and eggs. Usually, we are eating with the pack in the packhouse but since I need to be early at school, this became an exception.

"Oh my God! My Binnie is taking me for granted?" she said in between her fake sobs which made me roll my eyes. Damn here we go again. "I still remember the times when I'm changing your diapers and now you're pushing me away? How could you? I'm your mom. I gave birth to you."

"Mom it's just that.."

"No! I don't wanna hear you!! Don't you ever talk to me again!"

Ouch. My ears almost bleed because she shouted at me while making her way to their room.

I tell you, werewolf hearing is not good sometimes.

"Just let your mom for awhile. She just can't accept the fact of you living on your own once you find your mate that's why she's acting like that." My dad said while forcing himself not to laugh.

I just heave a sigh and continue eating my food.

Once I'm all prepared for school I shouted my goodbyes to both of them but my Mom just answered with:

"I hate you! Don't talk to me!"

I smiled.

It's simply because what she meant is I love You when she says that. My mom is weird yeah I know.

As I am about to enter the gates of Clarendon Academy, I heard someone calling my name.

"Oi Moonbin wait up!" It's Jinjin dragging an exhausted Sanha with him.

They were my block mates and my only friends at school. You see, Clarendon is a school for humans but there are also a lot of students here who are inhuman in nature. Like me for example.

Humans didn't know that the supernatural beings they used to believe as myths are walking, talking, and even eating around with them. My friends are one of those creatures.

"Hey, Jin how's the tree of life?"

Jinjin here is a moon elf. Creatures with green eyes, pointed ears and youthful glow that shows how beautiful they are. Elves specializes in healing and enchantments but aside from that, they are also the best archers in the supernatural world. Their home is the tree of life. A gigantic tree that grows in the center of elven forest. It had golden leaves, fruits, and flowers covered in shimmering light. He said that it carries the secrets to the balance of life itself.

"It glimmers as usual. Now, how's your vacation? Were you able to find your mate?"

Yeah, he also knew my obsession in finding my mate and he supports me all the way.