The Next Step, Part 2

When we got to the place that You mention we was looking around the dance studio when I notice the four still look pretty bum out so I move over there and said "alright what going on huh" they look over at me and Dia said "nothing why you ask" I said "you don't act like this, so tell me or tell them" we look over at the girls and Chika said "hmm is something wrong" Kanan look over at Mari and said "you want to tell them" Mari said "the school open house, will be canceled" no one said anything and when I look over at Chika to see a shock look on her face but before I could say something she said "canceled" Riko said "what do you mean" Kanan said "it's means exactly what it sound like, the school open house is cancel and Uranohoshi high will officially stop recruiting students for the next year" Yoshiko said "isn't it too sudden" Hanamaru said "she's right, zuru. the second term only just started" Ruby nod and Dia said "from the students' perspective, it may seem that way" Ryuji said "but the school has been considering combining it with another school for the past two years" Kanan said "Mari tired hard to persuade her dad, so it was postponed until now" You said "but there've been more prospective students, right. we had zero first, but now we have ten" Ruby said "I'm sure we'll have more and more" Mari said "of course I told him that, but that alone wasn't enough to overturn the decision" Chika said "Mari where is he" she said "Chika-chi" she ran from the room and said "I'll go talk to him" You said "wait Chika, he's in America" Riko said "Mari's dad is in America, isn't that right" Mari said "yea" I walk out into the hallway and said "Chika calm down and think about what your doing" Chika said "I am calm, I'll find a way to get to America and I'll ask Mari's father to wait a little longer" Riko said "will that work" Chika said "it will work" no one said anything then Kanan said "Mari loves our school... she loves our town, she's been putting the school before studying abroad and her own future" Dia said "she's been trying so hard to keep our school alive, she's been working hard as the director behind the scenes" Ryuji said "if Mari herself is telling us that we can't do anything about it this time..." Chika turn around and said "but" Mari walk out and said "Chika-chi... I'm sorry" she stuck out her tongue to get Chika to smile but Chika said "no... I didn't mean it that way, I didn't..." she look down and I said "hey it's getting late we should head back and think what to do later" they agree but I could feel that the mood have darken. The next day Mari made the announcement that the school will be closing down next year and after school they didn't come to practice they decide to go home early so I decide to practice with the basketball team since we still have a game coming up, while practicing I heard a player said "what the point in playing anymore if our school is going to get close down" I stop and heard another player said "I don't know, I really thought those girls could save the school but I guess their......." I launch the ball at them and said "shut up" the player said "what wrong with you" I said "don't talk bad about them cause they try all they can to save this school while we did nothing" Keaton said "hey guys let calm down here" the players left without saying anything and I said "sorry about that" he said "no worry, go ahead and head home Taylor I'll...." I said "hey Keaton how do you feel about this whole thing" he said "what about the school closing down" I nod and he said "well I'm pretty bum about it but I still won't give up I want our school to be remember for something instead of nothing" I smile a little and said "then let do this Keaton, me, you, and our teammates will take the next steps and if our school close down it will have something for people this school by" he smile and said "let win this next game and go on to the championship" I nod and after we talk for a bit I decide to head back to Dia's home. When I got there I didn't hear anyone so I said "hey I'm home" still nothing so I walk down the hall and when I got to Dia's room I open the door slightly to see her and Ruby sleeping so I smile and said "alright I'll sleep in the front room" I close the door and went to sleep on the couch. The next day I woke up to Dia saying "hey Taylor come on" I raise up and said "good morning princess" she said "we're heading out, please don't be late to school" I nod and said "you seen to be in a good mood" she blush and said "whatever just hurry up" after they left I freshen up and then left for school, while walking by the school I saw them out in the field talking but before I could over there I heard someone said "hey Taylor I need to talk with you about something" I turn to see Ms. Kazami standing there with a worry look on her face so I said "is something the matter" she said "when was the last time you heard from your father" I said "when I at Tokyo why" she look at me and said "please don't be mad but, he's got into some trouble with the law and well he's lock up to serve time" I look over at the girls and they seen to be happy so I said "you haven't told anyone else" she said "no I haven't I sigh and said "alright I might go see him" she said "he's your father of course your going to see......" I punch the fence and said "leave me alone and mind your own business" I was about to walk pass her when she grab my wrist and said "why must you act this way when it come to your father" I snatch my arm away and said "cause every time when I have something goes right for me, my father have to mess it up by getting himself in trouble with the law" I walk away and heard her said "if you don't go see him, I'll inform Dia and the rest of them" I kept on walking and went into school.