3- Rank at Stake

After you started staring off, making everything awkward, Garp declared the break from training session was over. You now watched as the boys struggled, their brows full of sweat, and faces flush red the more they exerted themselves. They threw punches at the elder vice admiral, none landed, and when he allowed them to hit, it was easily brushed off. You found it amusing how weak the boys were.

"Think you can do better yourself?" Garp now stared your way, slightly taunting you, wanting to see how strong you actually were. He seemed to be reading you as a person, this being a prime opportunity.

This caught you off gaurd, not just from being lost into their training but odd he would ask after you said you do not specialize in hand to hand combat, more so 'going for the kill' type.

"Well, it can't hurt to give it a try."

You gave in, his words too tempting. The chance to throw a full fledged punch at a high and respected elder of the marines.

Koby and Helmeppo were curious towards what you were going to decide, and curious to see what you could do as they basked in their unexpected break time.

"Sure, but don't be surprised to find out those two can land a more solid hit." You slowly stood up from where you sat, butt likely covered in dirt but eyes focused on Garp. Your mind spun different ways to hit him, which would be the most effective for one punch. You thought of a way, perhaps not thinking in the slightest, more so instinct that you happened to listen upon. You slightly bend your legs, getting into a starting position. You kicked off, forcefully and harshly kicking the dirt in the air. A very powerful kick forcing you a jump in the air, giving a perfect shot for your fist as it aimed a certain spot on his head. Garp's hand quickly lifted up, letting the punch hit his large palm and, without even thinking, you realised what exactly you just did.

The vice admiral had no time to speak, as he found you kneeling against the ground, groveling for forgiveness. The previous action was not on exactly on purpose but, if your punch was anywhere near his level that could have been a fatal blow for any normal human. The thought alone made you buckle at your feet. You were not usually a person to ask for forgivness, out of all the years of being alive this was perhaps only the third time. You stepped out of boundary, even for you. You had some respect, albeit little.

The boys gasped around you, unable to comprehend any of the actions without shock. Koby wanted to say something, you could feel it from his wobbling uncertain steps.

For once, your silence was not sharp, no threat or signs of bloodlust...

He soon stopped, though you could not tell, being too long gone. Your hands dug at the dirt, slowly shoveling a small dent in the ground. You had lost it, crying salty tears that watered the soil beneath.

"Kid, you should get her a doctor." Garp slowly looked over at Koby who was once trying to comfort you.

"Ah! Yes sir!" He contemplated on whether or not to carry you there until swiftly addressing the issue. "I can't carry her though..."

"That's alright boy, just get the doctor ready, they'll be in for a hand full." Garp sighed, being put in such an awkward position. You were not speaking, simply fixated on the ground with twitching fingers that etched the dirt below. Garp watched as Koby wandered off, nearly tripping to the marine base. The elder man's eyes flicked towards Helmeppo, who staid still the entire time. The boy was lead to go back and join the other recruits in their training.

    Along the way to the doctor, Garp carried you, much like a sack, throughout the entire marine base to the infirmary. This caught many glances, surely rumors would spark, why a vice admiral was carrying around a practically unconscious captain. He blew off any questions his way as they should get there noses out of the way. To Garp's surprise, in your state you started to move, clutching into his flowing coat of authority.

   "I... don't want to... die..." these words, were something with a large story behind them.  They sounded ridiculous coming from a blatant murderer. Cold hearted was not the word for for such a thing, exactly. The thrill of shrieks, the thrill that gave chills.

     Koby sat waiting in the infirmary, tapping his foot slightly of worry. He was afraid that the captain he could feel relaxed speaking around could possibly not be okay. Though it was not to say he was not terrified of this said captain.

    Vice admiral Garp on the other hand could not pinpoint his thoughts of you. The only thing he knew of for sure was, he did not approve of your marine status. If their was something the hero could do to rid you of your position, he would exempt you of duty all together yet alas, there is nothing able to be done. You have caught the attention of many, including an admiral, something quite puzzling to him. Regardless, the vice admiral will mention the situation to Sengoku, the fleet admiral. The highest position of the marines and even he can not make all the calls.