Chapter 2: Present

Alia's POV

After an extremely long day of school, work and the dancd studio, I was able to finally come home and kick up my feet. But just as I did, Baylor came in muttering something under her breath and seemed frustrated about something.

"Baylor what's wrong, you mumbling under your breath and seem frustrated." I say getting up from the couch.

"I'm sick and tired of Maya! She's acting like this whole new girl who doesn't give a shit about anyone. Just because she got a some stupid little annoying boyfriend. Ughhhh I just wanna..... ughhh I don't even know!" she says yanking at her hair.

"Hold up what do you mean? When did she get a boyfriend? Who is he? And, why are you sick and tired of Maya?" I ask all at once not giving her a chance to answer any of my questions until I finished.

"Well, she just got a boyfriend today at school, he came up at lunch while you were at the library getting shit done. he came over to us flirting with her and then when he asked her to come sit with him and his friends, she totally ignored me and left. His name is Dylan, he's just a year older than us. And I'm sick and tired of her because she was supposed to meet up with me at the end of school to take the bus like we usually do when you have work right after school, but instead of doing any of that she left with her new boyfriend. The worst part is that she didn't even let me know, I mean if she did let me know, I would'v been fine. But nooo, that's not what best friends do, they just leave each other hanging like their a piece of shit." She says all in one breath.

"Okay, whoa, that's a lot even for you." I say "Why don't we wait until Maya comes back and have her explain herself in the meantime, go for a walk or better yet go for ice cream."

"Good idea, you wanna come with me?" she asks while grabbing her wallet from her room.

I shake my head no and lay back down on the couch. 15 minutes later, I decide to stop being lazy and make dinner so the girls can eat when then comeback. I just hope that this shit gets sorted out between them. I don't wanna be dragged in the middle only to lose both of them. As I clean up after making dinner, I hear the doorbell ring. I look through the window only to find a group of people standing on my porch waiting patiently. I open the door slightly only to be greeted by a worried looking Tyler. He looked worried and when he saw me his eyes lit up.

"Tyler?" I ask in disbelief

"Hey Alia, I just wanted to come and see if your okay, I heard that you've been living on your own for the past while."

"Yeah, but how do you know where I live and that I live on my own?" I ask slightly nervous of the answer.

"Oh, I found out from Naina, that lying two-faced bitch." he says "Remember her, you know the ugly looking ass who just doesn't know when a guy don't want her."

"Yeah yeah I remember, and those memories don't come with any good thoughts." I say "Come in all of you."

I let Tyler, Anita Michael's sister, Michael and what looks like his girlfriend inside. I ask them to take off their shoes and hand me their jackets. I lead them into the living room and tell them to take a seat. I hang up each of their jackets and walk back into the living room. I sit across from Tyler on my office chair. Michael clears his throat looking at Tyler waiting for him to ask his questions. While Tyler looks at the picture of my dad with the garland around the photo of him that I had put at his funeral. Micheal takes the opportunity to introduce his girlfriend Samantha to me. I nod my head at her waiting for Tyler to start with his questions. I ask if anyone wants anything to drink or eat and got requests for water. I go grab the Bottles of water calming my breath before going back into the living room.