Chapter 4: New Lives

Kimberly walked into 'The Nest' with a load of folded clothes. Tommy had fully embraced his white clothes again and she had already packed his black clothes away. Unless something happened in the new few months, those black clothes would be going to Goodwill.

As she sat on the bed to match up the white socks, her thoughts drifted to memories of the past. Primarily to the first time she and Tommy were first on their own.

Flashback

Tommy pulled up the cabin and put on the brakes. Kimberly grinned up at him and waited for him to let her out.

After losing his green ranger powers for good, he decided that he needed some fresh air. Because she no longer had a home, where he went, she went. They were now a good solid couple, and this would be the first time they were truly alone.

"So, this is your uncle's cabin? It's smaller than I thought it would be. Are you sure your uncle is okay with us being here?"

Tommy pecked her lips as he helped her out of the car. "Yeah, we talked, and he knows about you. He said the cabin is for us to use since he prefers the house. The phone reception out here is terrible compared to there; he's practically giving me this place."

Kimberly's heart fluttered in her chest when he said that. He kissed her lips again as he picked up both their duffle bags.

"Hey, you don't have to do that. I am capable of carrying my own bag."

Tommy kissed her again. "Yeah, I know. But this is part of the whole boyfriend gig. I plan to keep doing this even when we get back to school."

"I don't think it's a good idea. You trying to be a typical boyfriend."

Tommy opened the door and then turned back to her. "What do you mean by that?

"I mean if we try and do the whole high school romance thing, it might end and I don't want to lose you."

"Kim, that makes no sense. I don't know if you noticed, but we are not typical teenagers. The moment we became rangers, all of that flew out the window."

Kimberly slung her backpack over her shoulder and walked through the door. When Tommy closed it, she sat on the bed and pulled her knees up to her chest.

Tommy sat on the bed across from his girlfriend. "Want to tell me what brought this on?"

Kimberly bit her lip, "I don't know. I guess I'm just feeling overwhelmed. This is such a big step for us and there is nothing to stop us from doing whatever we want. We're completely on our own and-"

"Beautiful, this love we have is both new and exciting. Neither of us really know what we are doing and we're going to have to find our way. There is no pre-written manual for this kind of relationship. We're going to have to build this bond between us and go slow. You have to be open about your thoughts and tell me exactly what you're thinking. I'll do the same for you. Neither of us can rely on assumptions."

Kimberly looked at him with a soft gaze. "Okay, I can do that."

End Flashback

"Beautiful?" Tommy asked as he walked into their domain. "Is everything okay?"

Kim nodded as he sat crosslegged on their bed. "Yeah, I'm just lost in the past I guess. All these stories that everyone keeps asking for are really bringing back some memories." As she said this, she smiled to herself.

"I see..." Tommy said with a grin. "And which of those sultry sexy memories is it that has you so...excited?"

"The first time at the cabin. Just after you lost your green ranger powers."