Slumber Party

17 - Slumber Party

This will be a little shorter than the other one shots.

You lay comfortably against Donnie's side, your index finger slowly tracing circles on his plastron. His large hand pet the side of your head lovingly while the two of you embraced on the couch. The television was on mute, which is why it confused you as to why you were still watching it. A few lights throughout the lair were still on, but it was pretty dim in the main room. The others were asleep, except for Raphael. He was previously in the room, but scoffed loudly and yelled 'Get a room' when the two of you started to cuddle, then he left.

You were lost in thought.

It was late, like, really late. Technically early since it was probably around one or two in the morning. You did not look forward to having to walk home. You wanted to stay the night, but you were nervous to ask.

You've slept over at the lair a few times before, but that was back when you and Donnie weren't... well... you and Donnie. But now you were, so you didn't want to give him the wrong impression by asking. 

But as you felt his hand travel down from the side of your head to your waist, slowly caressing your side, there was no way you were going to leave. No, you were much too comfortable.

"Don?" You whisper, just barely audible.

"Mmh?" He moans in response.

"Can I sleep over?" You ask, biting your lip nervously.

His hand had stopped rubbing your side, which made you tense. You wanted to face palm at how skanky you sounded.

"I-I just, don't want to walk home so late, and I'm so comfy... Just sleep, y'know? I'll crash on the couch." You try to explain, but felt your heart drop to your stomach when he still didn't respond. What you didn't know, was that he was simply speechless because of how bashful he was. The thought of (Y/N) sleeping over for the first time as his girlfriend. He blushed madly, thankful you couldn't see the grin spreading across his face.

"Sure, you can sleep over. But, uh, I'll take the couch, you can sleep in my room." He offered sweetly. 

"Oh, you don't have to do that-" You're cut off by a gentle kiss on the top of your head.

"No, I want to." He whispers, causing your heart to skip a beat.

"Okay." You mumble, slowly pushing yourself off his chest. He frowned at your body heat vanishing from his side, as you walked toward Donnie's room. You gathered up some blankets and a pillow from Don's bed, walking back into the main room and plopping them down. "There you go." You smile, your tired half lidded eyes trying to remain open. He chuckles at how tired you were. 

"Come on, let's get you to sleep." He walks around the couch, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and guiding you into his room. Your head rested on his shoulder.

You climbed onto the bed, embracing the soft bed. You sigh happily into the sheets.

"Uh, you don't have any blankets for yourself?" Donnie says, causing you to open your eyes and look up at him.

"Oh. It's okay, I got an idea." You say, forcing yourself to get up from the bed. You walk out of the bedroom, going into Donnie's lab. A minute or so later, you reenter the room with his lab coat. "Can I use this?" You hold up the coat with a small smile. Donnie chuckles, nodding.

"Sure. Goodnight, (Y/N)." He says softly, leaning down and planting a small kiss on your lips. You smile as he walks past you to exit the room. You slide on the lab coat after he walks past you.