Chapter 3: Fergus's Workshop

Merida's pov:

I finally got away from Hans, out of all the guys to try and flirt with me it had to be Hans. His really, really, really annoying and I'm not into him and I can't deal with him trying to get me to date him. I looked back just in case he was following me and headed inside my house to bring my father's breakfast. I enter my father's workshop with his tray of breakfast and I see him working on a special music box while singing a little song with the melody of the music box.

Fergus: 

How does a moment last forever?

How can a story never die?

It is love we must hold onto,

Never easy, but we try

Sometimes our happiness is capture,

Somehow, a time and place stand still,

Love lives on inside our hearts and always will.

Once my dad finished his song, he looked up at me and told me to come help him. Every time my dad would ask for one of his tools I would always know which one he'd need. While he was working on the music box I look over to the old drawings he used to do and the portrait of my mother and I start to question myself 'Why do people think I'm odd.'

(A/N: I thought I might show what the portrait looks like)

Merida: "Papa, do you think I'm odd?"

Fergus: "Odd? My daughter? odd? Where do you get an idea like that?"

Merida: "I don't know. People talk."

Fergus: "This is a small village, you know. Small minded as well. But small also means safe. Even back in Dunbroch, I knew a girl like you, who was so... ahead of her time. So different. People mocked her. Until the day they all found themselves imitating her."

Merida: "Please, just tell me one more thing about her."

Fergus: "Your mother was fearless. Fearless."

After our talk, I helped my father load a few things in his cart for his trip. My father climbed to his seat, holding the reins of the horse when he turned his head back to me. "So... what can I bring you from the market?" he asked me.

Merida: "A rose. Like the one in the painting."

Fergus: " You ask for that every year!"

Merida: "And every year you bring it."

Fergus: "Then I shall bring you another. You have my word."

I told my father goodbye and stood by the front door till he was gone. I use his workshop to draw up some new ideas to try in town. Once I finish my idea I got started on it. Grabbing the shavings of soap, the laundry and my book I headed to town. I put in the white sheets and the soap shavings in a barrel and attached the rope to a donkey. It walked around the corner, doing the work for me while I was reading. A little girl looked up at me, she looked confused. "What are you doing?" she asked. "The laundry." I answered. I invited her over to teach her how to read, she looked pretty excited about it. Little did I know, the headmaster was watching the two of us, he scolded at me. "What on earth are you doing?! Teaching another girl to read?! Isn't one enough?" he said.

I wasn't sure what he was going to do but boy was I in deep water. He gathered three men, told them to grab the barrel and dumped the laundry on the ground in front of everybody. I ran to grab my laundry and even Gobber was helping me. He was the only one in the village who didn't think I was odd. Things couldn't get any worse, right? But I was wrong.
————————————————————————-

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you like the new chapter. Please let me know in the comments. See ya.