Chapter 11: The West Wing

Merida's pov:

The dinner was amazing, I had never seen anything like it and a new sword from Cassandra things might be getting better. "That was amazing Hiccup! Thank you." I said. "Your welcome. I'll take you back to your room, if you like?" he asked. I didn't mind it one bit, however something got me curious, Hiccup mentioned something about the west wing but he never told me why it's forbidden. 

Merida: "Hey Hiccup, can I ask you something?"

Hiccup: "Sure."

Merida: "You said something about the west wing, why is that wing forbidden?"

Hiccup: "I'll tell you but you have to promise not to tell Flynn."

Merida: "I promise."

Hiccup: "Okay, that wing belongs to both me and my father. I wanted to show you something but I was afraid that you would say no."

Merida: "I'd love to."

Hiccup: "Alright, but we can't let my dad know. If he finds out, he'll try to kill us."

Hiccup's pov:

I led Merida through to the west wing and up to my bedroom where the rose from the enchantress was. I looked around to see if my father was around, thankfully he wasn't there to see this. I opened the door and led Merida inside "Wow! It's amazing." she said. "Thanks. But there's something else I want to show you." I told her as I led her to the balcony. 

Outside was the enchanted rose in a glass "This is what I wanted to show you. This rose counts down the remaining days we have left before the spell becomes permanent." I explained. Merida was curious and asked me about the spell. But before I could answer my dad came bursting into my room. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" he shouted.

I wanted to explain everything to him but it was too late, he threaten Merida to leave the castle or else. She ran out of here while bursting into tears. It broke my heart to see her leave but I was even more afraid of what might happen to her since the wolves were still out there. I was furious at my father.

Hiccup: "What did you do that for?!"

Stoick: "Trying to keep her from stealing the rose."

Hiccup: "She wasn't going to steal it, I was showing it to her so she could help us break the curse."

Stoick: "That girl is trouble, I for one am glad she'll never return!"

Hiccup: "YOU JUST SENT MERIDA TO HER DEATH!!!"

Stoick: "WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT HER SAFETY!?"

Hiccup: BECAUSE I LOVE HER!!!"