prolog

Prolog:

I had always known that it would end this way, weddings are the family's livelihood everyone wants to believe in the great love is somewhere out there for everyone, and I was mom's only family if you didn't count on William of course (which we do). William and Mum had met 14 years ago where they worked on one in a store that sold household items, Mom took care of future bridal couples who overloaded the stress that hurt them by loading over long lists that requested all sorts of possible things like a " Successfully "wedding apparently needed to have on the lists that seemed to be endless, there could be" leather straps blessed with wedge water" that would apparently be a way to a happy marriage.

Mum used to constantly complain about the stress and the "ridiculous desires and superstitions" that came with the job but she did not have much choice she was a single mother of a two-year-old. But in all the stress between diaper changes and crazy brides and mother-in-law, William came and saved everything. He started out as an assistant who saved her days, he seemed to be the only one who could handle her control needs and stress-related outbreaks, he understood when she needed coffee, and simply let her have her nervous breakdown. It didn't take long before prospective brides began to ask for their help specifically for porcelain and tablecloths. And during that time with all new demand they began to develop and deepen their techniques and so did their friendship. Over time, they learned which suppliers were good and which catering companies you could recommend. They had started as trainees to develop into counseling and they had successfully planned and implemented some of their own weddings with success. During tedious lunch breaks and long working days, they began to fantasize about starting their own and fantasies became future plans. They got a loan from Williams parents and then everything started.

They were partners firm mom owned 1% more than him so the company got her name "Barret", but they did everything together no matter how awkward the wedding was and no matter what crazy mother-in-law who steered up the bridge. Their motto was "We realize dreams" which they fooled into people, they said they "helped them bring together the great love," but they never seemed to apply their expertise in their own love life. Those whom my mother believed were her great love, she had met 18 years ago, they had met in college, at a protest meeting for the general education system that had been "women oppressive", "cruel to the elderly, and apparently" pure evil ". And they were literally from a placard I found in Mom's wardrobe together in a box with a wax candle, a bracelet that had been a "ring" on her own wedding with my dad and a marriage certificate signed by a "King Wheee!"

Her own wedding would not have been like one of those dreams she's trying to sell, she was married but my dad (who was an environmentally conscious poet with a whole egg and almost never used shoes) at a festival in the mud of his friend who was tall on mushrooms and "love". And at the bottom of a forgotten box in the closet was a photo at a cottage they lived in together, they stood next to each other sunburned and barefoot in a vegetable field, I sat at their feet and followed an insect with his eyes completely necked. ON the photo I must be 2 years it was starks before he left us. After they had quietly spent 3 years in the woods and provided themselves with selling wax candles on local markets and writing poetry, he eventually got tired of assuming to try (which in retrospect is no surprise).

He had grown up in a successful family with a father who owned several expensive luxury car companies. In fact, his father had since the beginning of the marriage said that if he left the marriage (and then the child) he would become his own dealer for Porsche. And they did not take long before he left us, at that time I was two and I do not have a memory of him, but you cannot miss anything you have never had. But it was not that simple for my mother, when he stacked, she took it personally but she never shared it more than to scare customers into getting married nicely.

After my mother it was just she and I and sometimes it almost felt like we were the same person, it was not just that I was like her - the same blond thick hairs, high cheekbones and creamy skin, the only difference was her slim body that I envied I was not exactly thick I was just curvy, I am well aware that my hips were wider and breasts (which my friend Gilly said was neat) but all clothes become too tight-but sometimes we felt like the same person. It may be because she was abandoned by her own wealthy family when she married dad she chose the "big love", so it has always been we two, she and I or at least until William came into the picture. He eventually became my father figure or the best I can get.

William says he has always known about his sexuality and came out at the age of ten and faced great opposition from his strong religious father but the mother won over the father with the love of the son, but he still has not managed to find a man who lived up to his standard. Both mom and William always said that they didn't have to look for their love but had each other. Unfortunately, I understood at an early age that it was dysfunctional and I was caught up early in their visual view of true love and eternal fidelity. Everything was confusing for me during the work session I heard all about true love and learned everything about weddings from table placement to invitation cards but after working hours and no potential brides could hear I got all the details about how bad marriage can be. So when Jilly became "boy crazy", I just said "be careful you just get disappointed in the end" or "don't give him something you're not ready to lose". Then I was visual and cold.

Or I believed it anyway.

(1079)