one

1

    "ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ʙᴜʟʟsʜɪᴛ!"

"Nicki come on stop acting like that. Alright listen, the bigger you become the more crazier things are gonna get. So you need a personal bodyguard to-

"To keep you safe at all times." I repeated childishly "Yeah I know that T. But I'm a grown woman that can handle herself."

T chuckled ."Ok first you're not even 18 yet, you are not grown. Second your small ass is barely 5'2 with over a million fans, fans all over the damn world. Do you seriously think that you could handle walking outside by yourself? And third you need him, someone to be around you at all times."

I blew out a puff of air not really feeling this conversation anymore. In all my years of being in the spotlight I've never had to have any personal security. I mean of course I have bodyguards but nothing major.

"T I'm not really feeling this. I mean we don't know him like that, he could be some serial killer or a rapist for all we know."

She laughed and turned her head at me.  "Really Nic, do you honestly think I wouldn't have this guy checked out?"

I shrugged as I turned back around looking myself over in the mirror. I fixed my somewhat fizzy hair before adding more lipgloss to my glossy lips.

"Listen he's the best in the business. He comes highly recommend."

She continued making me roll my eyes as I stared at her through the mirror. "Oh really, by who?"

"People." She shrugged and I turned back to her

"Seriously, people Teressa? What people?"

"Don't worry about all that Onika and just trust me on this."

"Hmm how old is this random guys anyway?"

"He's a lot older than you if that's what your asking."

"Mm."

"Nic, I really don't see the big problem here. You've had plenty of security before and now you need more it's just simply not enough."

"Ok so what is adding one more person gonna change?"

"He's what we need Onika, he'll be perfect I promise."

Oh he sure as hell better be.

I trust Teressa and I can take her word when she says he's good. But I still get nervous when it comes to things like this, I mean this is basically my life here. But Teressa and I go way back. She's a little older than me and I've known her for my entire career.

"Is he single?"

"Oh no no no, Nic we are not going down that road again."

"What? I just asked a question."

God, I swear you sleep with a every past bodyguard and you're branded for life.

"Yeah your ass asked that for a reason, and I know that reason." She eyed me suspiciously as she walked past me taking a seat on the couch.

"Damn you act like I can't just be curious about how's supposed to be potentially protecting me with his life."

"No. I'm acting like I know how you get around men. Why the hell do you think you go through security guards so fast? Because your ass crosses the line with them."

I shrugged. "It's not my fault they can't handle me."

"Oh Nicki, this one's going to be different. He's going to have to be."

Before I could say anything else there was a loud knock on the door and I turned to see one of the many photographers.

"Hi Ms. minaj sorry to bother you but it's time for the first shoot if the day."

"I'll be there in a second." I said feeling myself grow even more annoyed.

Rolling my eyes I turned my attention back to Teressa. "He better be ready to deal with me, he better be good enough."

She shook her head. "Come on babe, time to get down to business."

***

A/N

What are our thoughts so far??