Ten

"I hope, our arrival isn't giving you any discomfort, Tessa?" Kara asks innocently and Tessa smiles, "No way, Mrs. Madison, I am in fact feeling good. I love family environment." She hopes that it convinces Kara.

Kara's eyes pierces through Tessa's dark brown eyes as if she's scanning her brain. But Kara laughs gently, "I've heard about your family background, I'm pretty impressed." She says. Tessa feels normal. "Well Tessa, I know you are expecting this visit because don't even mistake that I won't figure out Josh's drama. I'm sure you wrote the plot. Does Kimmie knows about it?"

Tessa tenses up again. Of course, Tessa is a life coach for people when she isn't playing with the needles to ink skins. She had a plan to execute with Josh and mend the cracks in the family. She has heard about Kara that she knows everything, but still Tessa is in shock.

Kara knows that Tessa is surprised and so she continues the conversation, "Don't worry Tessa, I'm actually happy for what you did. I'm grateful that Kimmie has a friend like you even in this century, but I'm little jealous of you, cause my kids are listening more to you than to me." Kara grins. Tessa blabbers, "No no, that cannot be true-" She closes her mouth.

Kara waits for her to continue, that's how she is. She never gets irritated by interruptions because she wants to know the truth, she has bigger patience than attitude. "They want to be ordered by you, they just feel left out. Of course, Mrs. Madison, you knows that better." Tessa completes her lines. Kara nods, "I understood. I'm just feeling bad that I tried alot but I failed."

Kara straightens up, "My father has lot of inherited money and a family business---which he wasted. It took lot of effort for his brothers to bring back the money. My mother is a homemaker, who has spent her life for family and still serving us. I hated this family history, I just don't like my father as a business man, otherwise he's so loving.

"I wanted to build an empire on my own. I met Kimmie's dad when I was struggling to get through life and he's such an angel who believed in me. Now you can understand my passion for working, I was giving my 150% best. As I saw Joshua is a responsible man not at all like other teens, I'm so relieved.

"I wanted to work hard and until the company becomes a stable one in the market and I get this CEO position, I worked so hard than a woman can. But in the meanwhile, I was always aware of my family. I know when Kimmie got sick, a fever or when she broke her ankle while dancing. I am never like those parents who spends time with family but don't even know about their kids." Kara closes her eyes and takes a deep breath after this long narration.

Tessa suddenly feels bad for Kara, she sees a mom and no one else. She thinks that Kara has been misunderstood. She feels sentimental for Kara. "You must be surprised why am I telling you this family matter? You've earned it, Tessa. You have been such a support not just for Kimmie but also for Josh, you are like my another daughter." Tessa's heart flutters, she feels so happy all of a sudden. She couldn't hide her grin, "Oh, Mrs Madison, I'm so honored. Thank you very much."

Kara talks about everything and Tessa gets influenced by her. Tessa has forgotten that Kara is the type of woman who can make you confess your worst embarrassing truth. She gets carried away by Kara's words that she tells about Kimmie's feelings for Suga.

"Oh poor dear, my baby had a crush on a wrong guy? I wish it never happened. Don't worry, Tessa. I won't let her feel alone and I am serious about getting back to normal. I feel like I've worked hard all these years for nothing." Kara says in a low voice and Tessa hugs her gently, "Please don't ever feel that way, they will understand what you did for them. They still love you, so it won't take long for a perfect reunion."

Tessa feels uneasiness writhing in her stomach and she understands what she'd did. She told a big secret to Kara without even consulting Kimmie. She feels hurt, she's never did such a mistake in her life.