Chapter 5: Anniversary

The Next four months went smoothly. Henry was now six months old and Nora was four months old. William was still 13 but his 14th birthday was in a few weeks but today was special. It was Oliver and Barry's one year anniversary. Felicity had Nora and William and Henry was at Joe's for the weekend so Oliver and Barry had the whole day together. Their teams even agreed to not call them unless it was an emergency. Oliver woke up to a quiet house with his speedster laying happily on his chest sleeping. Oliver smiled and just watched Barry sleep something he hadn't been able to do since Henry was born because he was an early riser. Eventually, he kissed Barry's head and gently laid him down careful not to wake him but he stirred a little and made a confused noise. "I'm gonna go make us breakfast" Oliver whisper and kissed barry's cheek and went downstairs and took to making Barry chocolate chip pancake, his favorite. Barry came down when he was almost done wearing only a pair of Oliver's boxers. "Hey baby," Oliver said smiling at him but not before looking him up and down. Barry walked over and wrapped his arms around Oliver's waist and leaning his head on Oliver's shoulder. "Morning," He said pecking Oliver's neck sweetly clearly half-way into little space. Oliver finished what he was doing then turned to face Barry. "Happy Anniversary baby," Oliver said kissing Barry deeply. Barry smiled up at him when they broke apart. "Happy anniversary Ollie," Barry said softly slipping fully into his headspace. Oliver smiled and kissed Barry's head. "Let's eat before it gets cold," Oliver said making them both a plate and sitting down with Barry. The two happily ate in comfortable silence.

"We have a few hours before it's time to go so what would you like to do?" Oliver asked. "Go where?" Barry asked. "It's a surprise" He answered. "You know I hate surprises," Barry said. "Don't worry it's nothing crazy you'll love it, I promise" Oliver said. Barry sighed but was smiling. "So what do you wanna do?" Oliver said. Barry bit his lip swinging his feet slightly. " I dunno," He said. "Your cute" Oliver said kissing Barry's head. He smiled in response giggling softly. "How about we go cuddle and watch a movie?" Oliver asked. Barry smiled wider and nodded. "Okay go pick out a movie while I wash these up," He said grabbing their dishes and took them to the kitchen and washed them as well as cleaned up the kitchen and put everything away. Once he was finished he went into the living room and Barry was sitting on the couch with a blanket waiting on Oliver ready to start a movie. Oliver smiled and sat down with him. Barry started the movie and cuddled up to Oliver nuzzling him happily. Oliver wrapped his arms around him Barry and kissed his head. Barry smiled happily and watched the movie but Oliver was more focused on Barry.

After the movie, Barry was sleeping peacefully and Oliver didn't have the heart to wake him so he let him sleep peacefully but a few minutes later he woke up. "Hey, sleepyhead," Oliver said. Barry smiled and mumbled "Hey" back. Oliver smiled and kissed Barry softly "come on we should get up and get ready," Oliver said softly. "Mmmh 5 more minutes" Barry mumbled. Oliver chuckled softly and poked Barry's side. "Come on," Oliver said. "Mhm," Barry protested. Oliver tickled him slightly and barry squirmed "Ollie don't" Barry threatened. Oliver tickled him until he was giggling and laughing. Oliver finally stopped and Barry was breathing heavily and smiling. "Your mean" Barry said fake pouting. "But you love me," he said kissing Barry softly. "I do," Barry said smiling. Oliver kissed him softly "come on let's go shower," Oliver said. "Mmm fine but only if you wash my hair," Barry said. Oliver pecked his head and the couple went upstairs and showered and got dressed. Oliver was wearing an all-black tux but a dark green tie and Barry was wearing a white suit with a red and gold tie. "I can't believe the girls did this" Oliver said chuckling softly and helping Barry tie his tie. "It is very us thought," Barry said. "Your not wrong," Oliver said kissing Barry softly. "You look very handsome," Oliver said making Barry blush lightly "you too," he said kissing Oliver again.

Oliver took Barry first to a really fancy restaurant for dinner. The two happily ate engaging in small casual conversation than to a walk down the pier in Central city. "It beautiful out here" Barry said. "Not as beautiful as you" Oliver said making Barry blushed. Oliver gently stopped Barry at the end of the pier. "What are we doing?" Barry asked. "I just want to tell you something," Oliver said smiling. "Okay?" Barry said confused. Oliver smiled and gently held both of Barry's hands. "I've been in love with you for as long as I've known you, Barry. Your my whole world and I would b nothing but darkness without you. Your my light and I don't know what I'd do without you. I wanna be with you for the rest of my life so with that being said..." Oliver let go of one of Barry's hands and reached into his back pocket and pulled out a ring box. He got down on one knee and opened the box revealing a beautiful but subtle diamond ring. "Will you be the permanent light to my darkness and marry me?" Oliver proposed. Barry whipped the tears from his face "yes of course" Barry laughed letting Oliver slip the ring on his finger and then he pulled him up and kissed him deeply. Oliver kissed back pulling Barry close. "Happy anniversary baby," Oliver said once they finally broke away. "Happy Aniversary Ollie" Barry said both smiling widely.