chapter 3

My vision turning red I felt my humanity slipping out of my hands I felt something slowly but surely engulf my sanity. Something inside me told me to just let it happen but I remembered this feeling and it was coming over me stronger than last time I knew I had to fight it. It wasn't the time to fight it or to let it take over I was trying to escape this encampment. I look at the dogs I can hear them whimpering but just barely some soldiers are running towards us but once they get within 5 feet from the first couple dog like creatures they drop to their knees and sit there with a lifeless look in their eyes I get up on my hands and knees and start crawling towards the stairs. "I just need to get myself over the wall and into some bushes for now and as if I was the cause for everything being engulfed In pressure I look back to see the soldiers fall to the ground unconscious the dogs trembling getting up on their paws start to trot then within 20 feet of me start to fall again this goes on at least five times soon they just stay a good 25 feet away from me I feel like my bones are breaking I collapse three feet away from the stairs I feel the bloodlust and rage growing stronger I try to control it I succeed but just barely I heard something yelp in pain and I felt it on the side of my lungs I reach out in agony then reach for the side of my lungs to reach for nothing I look back and see one of the dog like creatures having an arrow protruding from his left side then one of the soldier lifted up an axe and swung down decapitating its head I felt the blood rush to my head and threw up I needed to get out of this encampment quickly I get up and run to the top of the stairs. "HAULT OR ILL SHOOT" a soldier yelled aiming a cross bow at my head. "Okay don't shoot I...

THWACK! I felt a searing pain in my stomach I look down to see the arrow protruding from my stomach I look up to see fifteen more arrow coming at me I back up putting my hands up to try and shoot flames but had flipped over the wall and broke my leg unable to walk I break the arrows shaft and start crawling towards the bushes I feel something grab the back of my cloak and roll me on too one of the bigger doglike creatures and started running I looked back half-awake to see the rest of the doglike creatures coming racing after us I look up to see the sky turn black with arrows they came down upon the doglike creatures like hail the size of daggers on horses one landed right in front of us and tripped the doglike creature carrying me. Being thrown off the creature I land on a dog like creature which yelped in pain getting up on my hands and knees I look down to see its leg twisted in a painful way. I felt bad for it because it was only the size of a newborn puppy and I look around and find one of the dog like creatures stomach sliced open and 2 other newborn dead.

I look around and grab two twigs and take some bandage wrapping out of the pockets of my cloak and splint its front leg then gently put it in my cloak pocket on the opposite side of my heart where the bandages are for a soft place to rest. I hear a whistling noise and look up to big and small arrows turn the sky black again I shuddered in horror. I knew I couldn't move fast enough to get out of the way of the main area of the arrows path so I crawled over to one of the biggest dog like creatures and rolled it up and over a fallen tree trunk just a few feet away I put my chest to the trunk and roll the dead dog like creature over me and the new born. A second later and I would have died because right as I rolled it over I heard a lot of thumps hit the dead creature and tree trunk, I also hear a lot of wounded dog like creature who couldn't move yelp in pain one last time then I heard silence I push the creature off me just slightly to see if there was another volley of arrows all I see is the setting sun I get up and start crawling on my hand and knees using my left hand I drag a medium sized dead dog like creature for food with me into the forest. 15 minutes later I start to hear voices in the distance behind me.