chapter 4

I hear them say "release the dogs" and I got hit with an over whelming feeling of fear and pain. I start to panic and start crawling franticly not looking where I'm going I fall into a trap dug into the ground sliding chest first I remember the newborn creature and roll onto my back I hear a sickening thump only to realize it's the creature I had dragged with me. I start to hear barking only to the shadows of something dog like thinking it was the same dog like creatures that helped me earlier I felt my body relax and I start to let my consciousness start to slip away then I start to hear shouting saying "the dogs have found something!" I try to get up but felt nothing and saw darkness to invade my vision I knew this was it and that I would be chained up maybe even killed. I just gave in to the inevitable and let my body finally relax then I feel something wiggling in my cloak pocket I thought to myself "this little thing deserves a chance at life." I wasn't going to give up now I had to get him to a new group of dog like creatures but I need strength and I need power to get out of this I called upon the strength I have suddenly obtained every time I was in trouble. But instead of the destructive power burst I heard a tiny voice sounding far away saying "I will not be used like a tool figure this out yourself!"

At that very moment I knew that I was on my own. I started to think of ways to get out of this situation then I realized I could dig then cover myself with dirt by pulling the dead creatures body over me with sand like a shovel so I did just that I was almost half way there when I heard them say to throw down the torches so I pushed dirt over me and the dead carcass over me. It felt like ages but I could feel the heat start to creep up over the dead carcass. The wood started groaning and creaking and I knew it was only a matter of time before the whole chaff gave way burring me and anything else with it. It only took me a second to make up my mind I pushed the dirt off me and the carcass then I pulled out my dagger and limped up the tunnel as fast as I could.

I was only a few feet away when the cave collapsed shattered rocks and dust shot me out of the tunnel I went flying over the soldier's head and got stuck in a tree. I stayed still I couldn't fight them now I dropped my dagger when I got flung across the field. I start to look through the leaves and notice that most the soldiers were scattered around mostly unconscious but other soldiers were getting up and checking out the unconscious soldiers.

 I spotted my dagger but it was embedded in another soldier's arm. I started to move down the tree luckily, I only got a few scrapes and bruises when I reached the bottom I started to move quickly to the soldier as fast I could limping who had my dagger the I pulled the soldier into the trees and started lifting him up the tree when I knew that I was hidden I took the dagger out his arm. Instantly he screamed I covered his mouth and stabbed him in the heart the second the scream came out his mouth. The scream woke up some soldiers. I let the soldier go and he fell to the ground with a light thud. I waited half an hour by then the soldiers had gotten horses with wagons to carry the unconscious and heavily injured soldiers they still didn't see the soldier I killed but then again, he was in the shadows and had nothing but leather armor and a sword. A couple minutes later they started to head back to the camp and I knew that once they left I would be safe after ten minutes I start to climb down from the tree and searched the dead body I found a short sword and a big pouch full of different liquids and plants and two small books. I attach the big pouch to my side and the short sword on my back and start limping off into the forest. After a while I start to feel tired so I climb up into a tree and fall asleep.