Chapter Six

"I still don't see why you brought those sunglasses," Hannah said, the couple shivering in their spots at the bus stop. A hard snowfall buried the two in a white blanket, slowing traffic and keeping the Swiss neighbors indoors. 

"I still don't see why you picked Switzerland for our honeymoon," Angus replied, snow glittering his hair. Hannah reached a hand up and brushed it off, getting her coat wiped off in return. 

"You could have picked some place different, some place warmer." Checking for anymore snow on her shoulders, Angus put arm around them. His feet shuffled in place, making the only tracks left visible in the blizzard. Only one car was on the road, and it was parked. More like stuck under a mound of snow. Two or three people took to the streets for work or afternoon shopping. "With sun, and beaches, and women in swimsuits for you to look at."

Angus choked out a cough. "As divine as that would be, Hannah Ruth, I think spendin' time with my own wife is far more appealin'," he said giving her a smile. It grew when a certain idea hatched in his mind. "Of course, if you decide you want to wear a swimsuit I've no problems with that ya' know."

Giving him an undecided look, Hannah reached to the ground and picked up a handful of snow. Angus squirmed around from the snow pouring down his shirt. "Or you could wear the swimsuit. A bikini perhaps?"

"You think I'd look good in one?" he laughed shaking the snow out. Picking up a handful himself he poured it down the front of her shirt. One moment bled into the next and soon both were rolling on the freezing ground, courtesy of Hannah tackling the man down. Angus' sunglasses rolled around in his pocket when he removed them to see his opponent better. With snow and ice in hair, mouths, and other various places, the two made the most of the grey winter and the wait for the bus. The wrestling match turned into a snowball fight once they regained their upright positions. 

"Hold still so I can aim properly!"

"So you can miss without an excuse?" he laughed. Taking a step backward Angus slipped, grabbing onto Hannah to steady himself. It did no good as both landed on the ground in a fit of giggles. Both hearts were beating in a frantic rhythm, faces flushed with cold embarrassment. Running a hand through her hair, Angus watched her laugh, trying to catch the breath she took away from him. The snow really wasn't so cold anymore. Finally Hannah noticed Angus' daydreaming and lowered her volume. 

"What?" He shook his head.

"Nothin'," he murmured. Hannah's cheeks were bright red, her nose like that of a certain reindeer. Her lashes fluttered innocently, Angus' grin creeping up from the opposite side of the hill. One hand palmed her cheek, bringing her face closer to his own. "You're just...just...ya' know..."

"I'm what?"

He brought his lips closer to her, whispering against her own: "Cold."

Before she could respond Angus' other hand palmed the back of her neck, a handful of snow covering it. Squirming out of his grasp she shivered, the man taking his turn to laugh solo. "It's not funny!"

"If you were in my shoes you'd think it was." He stood up and offered his hand to Hannah, who took it with a sneer.

"You think you're so clever."

"Well..." he shrugged. Brakes screeched close by, Hannah turning to see the bus pulling up. 

"Angus?"

"Yeah?" Hannah pointed over his shoulder. The doors opened to a small, heavyset man in his late thirties driving the bus. Angus smiled at the man and receiving none in return, he took Hannah's hand and helped her on the bus.