Chapter Two: Ezra

Chapter Two: Ezra

[Ezra]

"Guys, please. Don't we have anything better to do?"

I ask as my friends walk over to the teenage boy.

"Why do you care, Ezra? He's just another one of those little shits."

Little Shits?

"U-Uh... I don't understand."

Charlie Brown, turns back to me and stares at me with his hazel eyes.

"The kid is gay. He likes boys! Like come on, you gotta admit thats gross."

I raise a eyebrow and look over to Dave Ferrars, my other best friend.

He scratches his head and shrugs.

"Charlies right, Ezra. Better get used to this shit at school." His cold words come like raw meat slapped right to the face. This time, slapping my heart.

I really hated my friends because of their homophobic opinions. It just makes me want to kill them sometimes. But it also makes me feel sad.

I understand how it feels to be judged. I understand how this kid feels. And coming from a Jock, it seems kind of out of the ordinary. But I guess our society of whats something and whats not is just stereotypical, which is normal due to what movies bought us.

They continue to walk over to the boy, shouting and cussing horrible insults at him.

I wish to stop them. They do this often. Go up to this poor boy and call him all these mean things. And sometimes, they kick him until hes unconscious or too weak to do nothing but breathe. But whenever I try, my feet are glued to the ground.

One could say I should try to talk to them. But growing up, I was never a confrontational person due to my shyness and lack of communication.

My mother and father were druggies so they never bothered to get me involved with friends sleepovers and shit.

Yea, I did make friends but I know I could of expanded that relationship more if my parents actually cared to drive me places (e.g Parties, Visits)

And besides, these are the only friends who managed to keep in contact with me since I was six. All my other friends thought I hated them and walked out of my life.

So standing up to them, I'm worried they would get fed up and just leave me alone.

"Hey Fag! Sucked some dick lately?" Charlie shouted.

He slowly shakes his head whilst keeping his head down.

"If not, you could always suck mine!" Dave laughed at his own witty joke.

A moment of silence before Charlie walks up to him and slaps him.

"Oii, Dick. We're talking to you! Show some respect!" And with that, Charlie pulls the boy off the ground and pushes him into the grass.

Ooo that has to hurt...

The boys cheek skids across the wet grass while his body follows behind.

Dave walks over and picks the boy up, holding him under his shoulders as Charlie walks over in front of him.

The next thing happens all too fast.

Charlie starts stomping on his stomach with the boy groaning and crying in pain.

I can hear him plead but Daves hand muffles his voice.

Then, Charlie pauses for one moment, raises his foot high as he can and does a huge stomp on his abdomen.

The boy coughs out blood through Daves fingers.

"Charlie, think thats enough." I manage to say.

Charlie steps back, admiring his artwork and walks away. So does Dave.

"Come on, Ezra. Lets go. We'll be late for cheerleading practise."

They stand and wait for me for as I was still in the same spot. Watching over the beaten boy.

"Hurry up, we're gonna miss the cheerleaders getting changed." Dace calls back.

This just makes me sick to my stomach. Thinking that watching girls get half naked is much more worth the attention than a boy they almost killed.

I can't help but to see the poor boy with blood coming out of his mouth as he lays there, crawled up in a ball of pain.

I look up to Dave and Charlie, following behind them.

"Fine..." I keep my head down as we walk across the field, repeatedly looking back to see if he was alright.

Hes still in the same position.

I really am a terrible person...

------------Authors Words-----------

And BOOM!! We meet the mysterious yet charmy Ezra Phillips. I decided to make Ezra more of a understanding and a nice character. The knight in shining armour with some 'coolness'. XD But do you think Ezra was just being a little bitch for not standing up for Phoenix or does he really have a reason to be scared? Same as before, vote, comment, do whatever the hell you want. Anything is appreciated. :33 And I apologise if there are grammar errors in here or it doesn't look like its been edited. I just can't be fucked today. >.<

~InnerEgo