Epilogue

Epilogue

Ten Years Later

(Jane's POV)

I watched from a balcony as Alec and Raven were playing with their son and daughter in the garden. The children were twins and just turned four years old yesterday. Raven was playing a child's game with her daughter Violet. Alec was with their son, Antonio, by the pond helping the boy catch the tiny frogs. I smiled remembering when we found them four years ago.

Four years earlier:

I was walking by Alec in front of Felix and Demetri as we went to Rome on a mission. Some new born were causing problems in Rome and Aro decided it was time to stop them.

"I just don't know what to get Raven for our anniversary." He said frustrated, "I'm running out of ideas and it's only our fourth."

"I guess your screwed then when your hundredth comes along." Demetri committed from behind us and Alec huffed.

"You hear that?" Felix asked when we were near some country homes right outside of Rome. We all listened and heard screams.

"Looks like the newborns came to us." Alec said running towards the sound.

We tracked to screams to a large farm house and immediately ran inside. After several broken walls and broken windows we were able to kill them.

Demetri had gone to look around the house to make sure we got all of them before setting the house on fire to make it look like an accident. After a few minutes he came down the grand stair case.

"Alec," he said gaining my brother's attention, "I believe I found your gift to Raven." He said looking solemn.

"What is it?" Alec asked looking intrigued.

"Up here." Demetri said walking back up the stairs and we all followed. After passing several rooms we came to one at the end of the hall and Demetri opened the door. Inside was a large crib with two babies in it. They were awake and clearly scared from the loud noises that were erupting in the house earlier. When one started to cry so did the other and I quickly went over to pick up the girl wrapping her in my cloak; Alec did the same with the boy.

"I don't really know anything about taking care of babies." Alec muttered calming the child in his arms.

"Well you better learn," I said, "because you're becoming a father."

We ran non-stop to Volterra and quickly went straight to the throne room. Raven was in there talking with her father when we entered.

"Welcome home dear ones," Aro said walking over to us, but sopped when he noticed the babies in mine and Alec's arms.

"What do we have here?" Aro asked gaining the attention of his brothers and Raven. Demetri gave Aro his hand to show him what happened.

"Well it has been a very long time since we had children living in this castle." Aro said smiling at the babies.

Raven walked up to me and Alec curiosity clear on her face.

"Happy anniversary," Alec said when I handed the girl to Raven. She smiled brightly cradling the child in her arms. She walked over to Alec to look at the boy who had calmed down in her presence.

"Alec," Raven said smiling, "they probably need to eat, but we need to name him first."

"Well," Alec said in thought looking at the boy. His eyes lit up with an idea, "I know what to name the boy, but how about we name her first."

Raven nodded and looked at the child in her arms, "How about Violet?" Raven asked looking at Alec who nodded in agreement.

"Now what about your son?" Raven asked.

"I was thinking Antonio." Alec said cautiously.

Raven smiled after a moment and agreed to the name.

"I suppose we should get a room set up for them then." Marcus said coming over to us with his brothers so they could look at the children.

"Well brother," Aro said looking at Caius, "I guess you're a grandpa now."

"Fantastic." Caius muttered, but couldn't keep the small smile off his face.

I looked at Alec and Raven who were holding hands while cradling the children. They will make great parents and I knew babysitting jobs were in my future.