Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

We rushed into Hells very own medical room. Gabe carrying Devon, his body laid limp in his arms. “Oh god what’s wrong with him?” I asked panic that he may die.

“I don’t know, Help me lay him down.” He said racing over to the only bed in the small room.

“Where’s the doctor?” searching the room, that contained cabinets and shelves a couple of chairs and a bed I didn’t really like that this was their medical room. “Maybe we should have taken him to a hospital?”

“Human doctors wouldn’t know what to do with him.” Gabe said “The healer is on her way.” He said walking over to one of the chairs and sitting down.

I grabbed hold of Devon’s hand. It was cold to touch so I rubbed it gently trying to give it some warmth “Healer not a doctor?” I asked trying to distract myself from the panic that was rising up in me.

“Yes, healer, her power is healing.”

“Doesn’t seem like that’s a demon skill” I said frowning

“Why because it’s not evil?” He shook his head “We are not all evil Kylah, I thought you would have figured that out by now.”

“Yeah because the chaos happening on earth isn’t the slightest bit evil.”

“Don’t judge us all because a small handful are. We are not all like that. You know better than I, that the Angels are more evil then we are.”

I blew out a breath “You’re right. I’m sorry. I’m just worried about Devon.”

The door opened and a short women walked in. "Kylah this is healer Shay"

The healer didn’t acknowledge the introduction as she looked at Devon. “What happened to him?” She asked walking over to the bed

“We don’t know.” I told her “We were walking in the park, and we thought he was behind us but when we turned around he was passed out on the ground.”

She examined his lips which were so blue they almost looked purple, she pulled his lips down and showed his gums were white. “Had he eaten anything recently?”

“No we were out hunting for my sister.”

 Gabe stood from his chair and walked over to us “What is it?” He asked

“He’s been poisoned.” She said

“Poisoned, why would anyone want to poison him?” Gabe asked

“Can you help him?” I asked

She placed her hand on his chest, I watched as it started to glow red. I looked up at her face and watched her eyes turn white. I must have made a noise because she shushed me. I looked at Gabe, who was looking at Devon, I looked down at him and saw his lips were still blue. I bit down on my lip to stop the questions that wanted to come out. I just had to wait and be patient, she was a healer she will be able to heal him. Her hand stopped glowing.