Chapter Fifteen

After 4 hours at the hideout, they finally successfully unscramble it. Beside Malcom lay four beer bottles.

"I didn't know you drank like that." Izzy says.

"He doesn't." Alice says quickly.

"Ya know, this has all effected us and our personalities. We each have our ways of handling it." She finishes.

Izzy nods.

"So let's look at what we've unscrambled." Says Malcom.

"Hm.." Alice says looking at it.

Izzy reads it up close, squinting.

"Go steal spray paint from a store and use it to write my name on a train while it's moving." She reads slowly.

"What?" Malcom shouts, shocked.

"Why the heck would we do it while it's moving? Alice asks.

"Maybe thats what she used to do." Says Izzy.

"That graffiti must have been all types of messed up, I'm surprised she didn't fall over from the train." Says Malcom.

They make a plan of how this is going to work, and they begin to communicate with the spirit again. They call the number she called from. The weird thing about the number was that it sounded like a regular person, just whispering. So they knew it was possible to have a normal conversation with Hailey using the phone.
     When they call the number, it answers the phone. They speak.

"Can't we just buy the paint?" Izzy asks.

"No." Hailey mumbles into the phone.

"Why not?" Izzy asks.

"Listen to me." Hailey responds.

"Okay, why must we do it while the train is moving?" Izzy asks her.

This time when Hailey responds her voice sounds like a normal person.

"It makes it twice more fun. And when you have nothing left to lose, why hesitate?" Hailey responds.

Izzy is silent. It was obvious that Hailey felt as if no one was there for her when she was alive.

"But we have something to lose." Alice Says.

"You guys do." Hailey says in her regular voice.

"I don't think Izzy does." Hailey finishes.

Malcom and Alice look at each other and then look at Izzy, Izzy is frowning. Malcom and Alice walk up to Izzy.

"Well she does now." Malcom says.

"Izzy, can you hear me?" Hailey says.

She sounded like a completely normal and alive person.

"Yeah.." Izzy says.

"From our past experiences, you and I both know, no one ever stays. No one cares about us. This is why we do things like this, it makes people feel we are more important, than we know we are." Hailey finishes.

Izzy is silent. Hailey hangs up the phone.

"Guess we gotta do it." Says Malcom.

"Yah, or she might get mad." Alice Says.

Izzy says nothing. They look over at Izzy. She is crying, the go over there and comfort her. After that, they sit there for a moment.

"Alright guys." Izzy says.
"Let's go back to my house and plan how this is gonna work." She finishes. They nod and head to her house.

AT ISABELLE'S HOUSE

They go inside and order food. They eat their food while planning what to do. Izzy and Alice were going to steal spray paint from a craft store, and Malcom was going to wait outside in the car to be ready to pick them up and drive them away if they get caught. They walk to Alices house and borrow her parents car. Her parents never cared if she used it, she just had to put gas in it.
    They go to the craft store and pull up to the front of it.

"Alright girls, hurry out, if you don't imma get worried and call you." Malcom Says.

They tell him they will hurry and they go in. They take a whole set of paints and set it under their cart. That was Izzy's idea. They put other cheap items like t shirts and fabric paint, and glitter in the cart. They had to buy something so they could leave without getting caught, and they thought that the items they had chosen would be perfect to go along with their personalities since they are teen girls. They purchase the items. When they walk out the door, they walk and make it out the door, but then the alarm begins to ring.

"Follow me." Izzy says.

Izzy knew way too much about shop lifting. The security guard of the craft store tries to chase them, she takes the set out the bottom of the cart and hands it to Alice. She rolls the cart in the direction of the security guard. It hits him, and he stops. After moving the cart, he continues to chase them. Malcom sees them running and quickly follows them with the car. The security guard had a bigger figure than the girls so by the time they got to the sidewalk, he has stopped to catch his breath. Then Malcom pulls over to the side of the road. They get in the car.

"Wow. Is it bad, that I enjoyed that?" Says Alice.

"Nope. Just don't enjoy it too much." Says Izzy.

They decided to go to the MNTS train track. MNTS stood for Main National Train Station. They knew that train passed by at night at 10:00pm on the dot. They went shopping and bought dark black outfits so no one would catch them. At 8:30pm they begin to get ready. They put on their new dark outfits and head out to the place. It was an hour away from where they were. They pull into a parking lot to a store right beside the track and wait in the car until 9:55. They begin to hear the trains whistling. Alice brings the set and sets it down. They open it and grab a random color. They hear the train getting closer. Then Izzy's locket falls onto the tracks, just like in her hallucination after the shooting. This time, it was real, but the necklace wasn't stuck. She grabs it and the train is now in sight. She backs up and picks up her paint.
    When the train begins to pass by, they tag the train with the name Hailey D. They keep writing the name over and over again until they hear sirens and see red and blue lights.