stay with me

Madeline's POV

   I'm such a chicken. I wasn't going to kill myself. I guess that I have too much to live for. All I'm doing is cutting. A lot of cutting.

Ross' POV

   I kissed Maddie. I can't believe that I kissed Maddie. I really don't know what to do. I went to Ryland. "Ryland, I kissed Maddie",I told him.

   "Woah,really ",he said. I nodded. "Like,on the cheek",he asked. Good GOD almighty, my brother is so slow.

   "No Ryland, the way that I kiss Laura",I explained. He gasped. "Dude, what are you going to do",he asked me.

   "I don't know",I admitted. "Go talk to her",he advised. "Yeah, that is a good idea",I applauded him. "I know",he said obviously proud of himself.

   "Cocky bitch",I teased. "Hey",he yelled. I chuckled,and went up to Maddie's room.

  I knocked on Maddie's door. "What",she said. "It's me,Ross. Can I come in",I asked.

   "No, you'd be upset",she said. I knew what she did. Honestly, it tore me apart  inside. Whenever she took that blade to herself, it was like she was taking it to my heart.

Madeline's POV

   You probably think that I'm cutting because of Ross. I'm not. Somebody on Twitter posted

"@MadelineLynch should kill herself and go to hell. She's just nothing. I can see why Ross doesn't like her.

   My heart shattered. I heard a knock at the door. "What", I said weakly. "It's me,Ross. Can I come in.",Ross asked. "No, you'd be upset",I said.

Ross' POV

   "No,I wouldn't . None of your scars and cuts can make me love you less",I said. "Wait, you love me", she said through the door. "Yes, I do. I guess that I was afraid to tell you because of what people will think, but now I don't care. All that matters is you and I.",I said.

   The door opened, but I didn't see anybody. I walked in, closed and locked the door. I looked up and saw something that almost made me cry.

   Maddie had cuts running all down her arm. "Mads",I said softly. She shook her head. I picked her up, and carried her to her bathroom.

   I set Maddie down on the countertop. I put a white rag under some warm water and rung it out. I took the rag, and gently cleaned all of her cuts.

   After that she got into her pajamas and got into bed. She was so thin and pale. I couldn't take it. I started to leave,but she grabbed my wrist.

   I looked back at her. "Can you stay with me tonight",she asked. I couldn't take leaving her either. "Of course",I said. I got under her blankets.

   I wrapped my arms tightly around her like I was going to lose her. Because I felt like it. I felt like something was going to happen and that I might lose my best friend and the woman that I Love.