Satoru

Halo Three: Satoru:

-1:00 a.m.-

Kanazawa ran down an alley to a chain-linked fence. He tried to climb up, but the fence wouldn't hold him his weight. The human trafficker fell to the ground just as he heard footsteps coming towards him. Against his better judgement, Kanazawa turned around. The woman in her oni mask and black clothing stood with her cleaver by her side. Her prey held up his hands and shook his head.

"No, no, no, no!" he cried. "Please don't kill me! Uh... Is it money you want? Here!" Kanazawa reached into his pockets and threw yen bills at her feet. The masked woman didn't look down. She raised her cleaver above her head. Kanazawa's eyes widened.

"No! No!" he cried.

Hack!

Her blade came down thirteen times. The masked woman didn't respond as blood splashed on her black t-shirt and jeans. After the final blow, she wiped the blade on her jeans and discarded her cleaver in the dumpster. The woman picked up the body and dragged it with her.

-Three Days Earlier-

A man with short black hair and glasses walked into the police station. He shoved his hands into his pockets after he made his way through the glass doors.

"Can I help you?" the cop behind the desk asked. The young man's eyes shifted back and forth.

"I would like to file a missing person's report," he said.

"Hang on," the cop said. He pulled out a notepad and a pencil.

"What is her name?" the cop asked.

"Joshuyo Niko," the young man said.

"Age?"

"Twenty."

"What does she look like?"

"Hang on." The young man pulled out his cell phone. After a few scrolls, he showed the police officer a picture on the screen. The cop took down more notes.

"When was the last time you heard from your sister?" he asked. The young man did a quick count on his fingers.

"About three weeks ago," he said. "She hasn't been picking up her phone. I tried calling and texting her, but nothing." The cop raised an eyebrow at him.

"You sure she just doesn't want to be left alone?" he asked. The young man gave him a blank stare.

"No, that's not like her!" he said. "She always answers when I call her and sometimes talks to Dad too."

"Excuse me, but where are you from?" the cope asked.

"Yokohama," the young man said.

"Did you try contacting the police there? Why came all the way down her to Ikebukuro?"

"Because my sister goes to college here. I know she went missing around here. Can't you help me?"

The cop finished writing down his notes. "I'll see what I can do." To the young man, his tone didn't sound so reassuring. Instead of calling him out on it, he bowed.

"Thank you, officer," the young man said. Outside the police station, he dropped his shoulders and sighed. Something told him that this was a waste of time. The young man rubbed his forehead.

"Looks like I'm on my own here," he said to himself.

-Shinra's Apartment-

Shinra typed away on his computer.

[What are you doing again?] Celty typed on her PDA.

"Looking for the other tadpoles in Japan," he said. The doctor preferred that his girlfriend didn't get mixed up in this. Michiko had to go and ruin that plan. Shinra sighed and brought up the list of tadpole subjects.