Chapter Six

Dustpelt lay in the warriors den, thinking about Ferncloud and what their kits would be like.
"Dustpelt," Sandstorm mewed quietly, "it's getting late, we-" she paused, "I decided I will go with you."
Dustpelt nodded, "alright," he mewed, "what about Bramblepaw and Tawnypaw?"
"They want to come on the patrol sent to look for us so they can mislead the patrol and help us get away, they will come as soon as they can," Sandstorm informed him.
"Where do you think the others are?" Dustpelt whispered.
"If I know Fireheart at all, he'll be heading to twoleg place or Riverclan. I just hope he makes it there," Sandstorm mewed, sadness edging her every word.
Dustpelt stood up and began to stretch, getting ready to leave.
"We'll leave together, pelts brushing- to- get to know each other better," Sandstorm whispered.
She stepped half a step closer to Dustpelt, just enough that their pelts were brushing.
The two of them padded towards the camp entrance, nodding to the guards; Swiftleg and Darkstripe.
As soon as they left sight of the guards they began to trot, going faster and faster as they went.
They came close to the Riverclan border.
"Its their sent," Sandstorm mewed, lifting her nose from a small pile of dried leaves that seemed to have been bumped a bit.
Dustpelt nodded, "I smell it too."
"But it leads towards," Sandstorm pauses, uncertain, "towards Twoleg place."
"Then lets follow it," Dustpelt mewed, beginning to pad towards Twoleg place.

"What's that smell?" Sandstorm mewed after a while, her nose wrinkled.
Dustpelt takes a deep breath, "Its them," he mewed, "and a dog."