Chapter Seven

Swiftleg stalks into Tigerstar's den, "Brightheart worm stop mumbling about him," he growls.
Tigerstar rolls his eyes, "bring her to me," he pauses, "and send someone to find Cloudtail."
Swiftleg spits at the ground, "I'll be back."
Swiftleg stalks out of the den, muttering under his breath; "my mate. Kits. Ugh. I wish those dogs had taken the both of us, then we could be Happy together forever," he growls.
"Hey Swiftleg," a young apprentice jumps up.
"Go find Cloudtail," Swiftleg growls, not missing a step.
"Go- hm?" The apprentice tilts their head, one dark brown ear twitches.
"Go," Swiftleg growls.
"O- ok!" The young apprentice jumps up and races out the camp entrance to find the white tom.
"Don't bring back any of the others!" Swiftleg calls after them, causing heads to turn as cats in the clearing look to see what's going on.
He pads back into Brightheart's den and sees her curled in her nest. A sudden reminder of why he loved her flashes in his heart and mind. She lays there peacefully.
"Brightheart," his voice softens unwillingly, he clears his throat and turns stone cold once more, "wake up. Tigerstar wants to talk to you."
Brightheart blinks open her eye and looks up at him.
"C'mon, he won't want to be kept waiting for long. And there will soon be a visitor," he wrinkles his nose at the thought of Cloudtail.
"A- alright," Brightheart stands and stretches before following Swiftleg out of the den.
Swiftleg leads her to Tigerstar's den, maybe this will change her heart.