Chapter 7

About a week has passed. For most of that week, I helped Zhangjing clean up and close the diner.

It was now Friday and just as I am walking out of the door to head to the diner something grabs ahold of my arm. A force jerks me back inside the door. The smile on my face completely wiped off as they do so.

"Daydreaming so hard with that smile on your face, are we?" My eyes widen a little at the person. A smile making its way back on both of our faces.

"Hey, I was just about to go see you." I shake off his arm. "Why are you here?"

"I don't work every day," He explains. I make an 'O' shape with my mouth before trying to turn and leave. Another small force pulls me back. "Don't leave!" He whines pulling me back inside.

"Why can't I?" I look at him confusion written all over my face.

With a childish smile, he points up with his free hand. My confusion only deepens. Without warning, he starts pulling on my arm. He practically starts skipping as he pulls us up a flight of stairs. With each step, I start to grow tired. Zhangjing on the other hand, unfazed.

He finally let's go when we make it to the top of the art department.

"I didn't realize we were able to get to the rooftop." I mouth as I take in the view. The bright light of the sun causing everything to reflect back into my eyes.

Zhangjing walks to the edge and looks over before turning back around and facing me. He leans on the wall as I walk around.

"So, what are we going to do?" Zhangjing inquires gaining my attention.

"What do you mean?" I make my way closer to him.

"For the performance. We have to come up with something soon." I shrug my shoulders in response. I lean over the wall and look down.

I notice someone standing down below. Just as my eyes land on them another person standing next to them notices me. They capture the attention of the one my eye landed on first. Her eyes instantly glare up at mine. With just one motion, I knew exactly what she wanted.

"I'm sorry, Zhangjing. We will have to continue this conversation later." I quietly apologize as I back up away from the wall. I turn and head towards the door.

"Wait," the sound of his voice makes me stop and look back at him. "Here is my number." He walks up to me with his phone held out.

"We practically run into each other enough to not have each other's phone numbers." I gain a low laugh out of him.

I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. I open up my contacts to create a new one. I quickly type in his number.

'Great. Another number I won't really be using.'

"Go ahead and send a message." He commands. I select 'message' and type a 'hello'. When I hear a buzz, I instantly know he got it. "Thanks, hello to you too," he says as holds up his phone. I smile at him before turning back towards the doors.

"Bye," I wave for a few seconds with a hand on the door. I spin back and start jogging down the stairs.

I am out of breath when I finally make it down and out of the building.

"Took you a while," I hear her comment as I try to catch my breath. "Tired already, I haven't even messed with you yet," there was a moment of disappointment before she erupts into laughter. Yi Li joins in on her laughing.

"Shi Jai," a males voice interrupts her laughter. A glare is sent towards Yi Li when she doesn't stop.

"Teng Tai~," Shi Jai says. Her voice like always returning to a higher pitch than it is needed at. "What brings you here?"