The Cast

The main leads Do Kyung Suk and Kang Mi Rae are played by Cha Eun Woo and Im Soo Hyang respectively. So the male lead is Do Kyung Suk (shown top right) and he is played by an idol/kpop guy so his acting is mediocre but not terrible. The writers mask this weakness by making him appear as more stoic and not too openly emotional. They use this very serious nature at times to pull of some effective humour and at other times to allow him a certain intelligence most of his peers lack. He is depicted as a drinker and is also a fellow university course classmate in the same year as Kang Mi Rae. He was also in middle school with her and was supposedly a legend at the school for his high grades and excellent looks.

Cha Eun Woo - Revenge Note/Top Management/Hit The Top
Im Soo Hyang - Iris/Blow Breeze/Criminal Minds KR version

The female lead Kang Mi Rae (shown top left) is portrayed as being rather insecure and indecisive throughout the most of the show. This is meant to be a byproduct of the bullying and torment that she faced in early life/middle school and now continues to face in university. She has also never really experienced love in any way so she isn't really leading the shows romance. However she has way better acting skills than her male lead counterpart so even if she does not have the best scenes her acting skills make them better in some way. Whether it be wrestling with indecision over whether to admit she wants Kyung Suk or trying to explain her decision to her dad she manages to make you more emotionally invested in a scene than Kyung Suk can.

Jo Woo Ri - Descendants of the Sun/Medical Top Team
Hyun Soo Ah (shown below) is played by Jo Woo Ri she serves as a rival for Kyung Suk's affection through the show but has a far larger role than simply being a love rival she also serves as the very epitome and symbol of what Mi Rae hates. She is able to act in many ways and actually has an interesting rapport with Kyung Suk. She also brings something to the table the main leads could not, experience and success.

Kwak Dong Yeon - My Strange Hero/Radio Romance/Pied Piper/Fight for My WayYeon Woo Young (shown below) is played by Kwak Dong Yeon and serves as a love rival to Kyung Suk

Yeon Woo Young (shown below) is played by Kwak Dong Yeon and serves as a love rival to Kyung Suk. He is again a more experienced and successful actor than the main leads but he also is not really an amazing second lead prospect. Simply put he is not a terrible fit with Mi Rae he just doesn't have the epic chemistry that makes a legendary love triangle. That being said he serves as an example of what a younger adult should be taking care of his students and resolving disputes when they come to him. The best performance of this group surely belongs to Hyun Soo Ah but he while being in a less exciting role puts up a good show. I think the cast deserves a 7/10 because it doesn't have a plethora of experienced and/or successful actors.

 I think the cast deserves a 7/10 because it doesn't have a plethora of experienced and/or successful actors