The Plot

Kang Mi Rae is bullied for being ugly in certain aspects and capacities. She is not fully shown so as not to put down certain facial types and body types as being ugly. She gets some plastic surgery to 'fix' herself with the help of her mother. She then goes to her first year at University feeling timid but slightly more confident only to realise that even after her surgery she faces bullying the only difference is that it is behind her back. So she is now getting bullied quietly about her plastic surgery and a University course partner and former middle school classmate Kyung Suk helps her out. They are doing chemistry as their course and their Teacher(Woo Young) is really young (<25).

Kyung Suk is part of a three person family where the mother is no longer present and their father is a politician running for mayor of the area. He is trying to help Mi Rae regain her confidence and eventually decide her own path as well as get past the initial mockery she faced from some people. Obviously the primary setting of the plot is the University so there is assignments and group work among other tasks. The main characters besides the two of them are fellow classmates, friends,parents and the Teacher.

The most interesting part of the plot is that it strays away from popular cliches in some ways. It isn't ugly person becomes beautiful/handsome and suddenly everyone wants them. It is about the message that you should not value beauty above everything else in life and that beauty is not the same as happiness. I find that this more deep meaning actually is a little interesting and the plot isn't too far fetched most of the time. A plot with a message behind it captures my attention and I would give it a 9/10.