Glamour

hi! me again. :) FIRST CHAPTER AND I ALREADY HAVE 2 VOTES!!!!!!!! ^w^ I can't thank you personally because Wattpad won't show who votes :( ...

...or does it? I'm still a noob at this hehe :) enjoy!

Disclaimer: Constructive criticisms are welcome! Flames & trolls can GTFO.

~°~°~°~°~°~

Mezeirel sleeps soundly in her parents' bed, wedged but not uncomfortable between their warmth. Her serpent feather cradle lies empty above the sleeping family. Kiyo doesn't understand why, when he had only wanted to teach Mezeirel independence, Tyvel's eyes grew fearful and she brought the baby down to their own bed. The only thing that assures him is that the fear was not directed at him, but at some far away creature outside the window. Mezeirel curls her fingers in her sleep, grasping at something but never reaching it. The new parents are both awake, enraptured with their sleeping miracle. Tyvel smiles and places one finger in the babe's chubby hands and Kiyo follows. Her fingers stop fluttering and seeking, content with what they've found. Kiyo kisses his daughter's head as he falls asleep. Tyvel lies awake and waits,'a day and a night to bask in her presence' the stranger-child had said. Sleep taunts her with its tantalizing summons but never touches her. Flecked eyes of many colors dance behind her fluttering eyelids, although she cannot distinguish Mezeirel's from the stranger-child's. As the crescent moons dips in the sky Tyvel is relieved that she can keep her child, and relief turns the previous fear into a fierce irritation at being lied to. But relief does not stop there, it takes hold of sleep and brings it down to Tyvel so she can rest.

"Waaah! Waaaaah!"

Tyvel groans and surrenders a breast to the now awake Mezeirel, an expression caught between exhaustion and amusement etched on her features. She smiles through her tiredness and thinks that all the sleep in the world would not be worth a moment of suckling this beautiful child.

Sunlight creeps its warm fingers onto the sleeping family's faces. Tyvel is the first to respond to its touch. Her tawny eyes snap open and immediately flit to Mezeirel.

"Praise the Dea, little one." She breaths. Her child is in her arms and it seems an empty threat has passed. A wrinkle forms on Tyvel's brow as a new dilemma makes itself known to her.

"Kiyo, Kiyo wake up." She shakes the sleeping figure on the other side of the bed.

"Hurmm... hwaa?" He mumbles, nuzzling into the cool skin of their daughter.

"Kiyo, open your eyes and wake up!" She hisses softly at her husband. She got less sleep than he did last night, and yet there is more energy in her than in him in this moment.

"What?" His sleep addled voice responds, ever so slightly irked that his blessed sleep has come to an end.

"What will we do about her wings?!" She says frantically. "The Dea's men will take her! How rare do you think a fae like Mezeirel is?!" Her wings are twitching in agitation and Mezeirel is on the verge of waking. The Dea, their queen and goddess, had no tolerance for things not of Summer. Most of the elders had been killed with ice, a horrible torture for merely speaking fondly of days when four seasons reigned and not only one. The hybrid children had been frozen and kept or killed in the Dea's palace.

"Glamour them" Comes Kiyo's calm answer. Apparently sleep is still curled around his mind.

"Oh, the both of us casting glamours, from dusk til dawn?" She laughs at the ludicrousness of it all. Glamours were easy spells, disguises of all possible form and manner, the best of all illusions, but they required an certain amount of energy and concentration. A year of keeping Mezeirel under glamour would kill them of exhaustion, not yet taking into account that she would grow and stretch and change form.