Chapter Two

"Mom, I'm gonna meet Mara at the mall," I yell, grabbing my keys. My mom is not the strictest mom in the world, but every now and then she'll yell at me to clean my room or do my homework.

Our mall is one of my favorite places to go. They have so much stuff there, all of the stores are great and I've had many memories made here.

"Hey girl"Mara yells from across the mall. My face goes red and I walk into her hug.

"Hi Mara. I don't know why I agreed to this." I blow out air from my mouth.

"Because you love me, so lets get going," she grabs my arm and leads me away. I see Jackson walk in, why is he here? Doesn't seem like the type to do something like this but I guess people can surprise you He seems really nervous and I can't help but overhear his future and she's saying to him:

All you do is think about me

Turning your love life up to three

Wow I wonder what that means. Is Jackson going to get a girl pregnant? Wouldn't surprise me honestly. We wait in line for about 10 more minutes until finally it's our time to go. We make our way into the dark room, I can feel Mara beside me, she seems way too excited. The room is dark and kind of smells like old cheese or weed, I don't know which.

The lady motions us to sit down. "Mara, Braxton, welcome, $5 each please," The lady says, closing her eyes and puts her hand out, waiting for the money. This bitch be greedy but Mara hands her the money and the white haired woman smiles wickedly. "Good," she says, nodding at each of us.

She looks at me first, wide eyes staring into mine, kind of making me uncomfortable, and takes my palm in her hands. "Ahh, I see, hmm," she says calmly, flipping my hands over and feelings them. I really do not believe whatever she is going to tell me, I honestly don't think fortune telling, tarot cards, whatever is real.

"My dear here is your future:" she releases my hands.

"A turn of event

Leads to a big belly

Find something unexpected

In an unexpecting place"

I wonder what that means? Well, a big belly means pregnant or really fat, but I don't know why anything like that would happen. There's no way in heck that I would ever want to do...that with anyone, and boys don't like me anyways.

"Thanks," I say abruptly, pulling my hands into my lap.

She grins, "Another one done," she writes this down on her journal.

"Now Miss. Mara, your turn," creepy eye lady whispers grabbing Mara's hands and she tells her her fortune and Mara is falling for it. I don't get it, sometimes she can be super air headed.

"Lets get out of here," I whisper to Mara, and she just nods.

"Thanks," Mara grins at the creepy lady.

Mara and I walked into the parking lot together before separating our ways she said something that just made me stop in my tracks"Here I got a fortune for you, Jackson's going to ask you to Jason's party tomorrow!" We both look at each other and start laughing because we both know there's no way in hell he's doing that.