chapter three

Today is the day that Mara predicted that Jackson would ask me to the party. I honestly don't know where she gets this stuff. Sometimes I don't understand why she tries to get us together. When I get to homeroom, I see Jackson and his best friend, Marco, just being goofy, which oddly brings a smile to my face. Marco is very attractive too, but he knows it and won't stop reminding everyone of it too. Jackson does looks cute today, blonde hair messy, dark jeans and a white t-shirt that hugs his muscled body nicely, I almost smile at them, but then I turn away and head to my seat.

My throat tightens as I watch him as he tightens his arm around the school slut, Chloe's waist. I don't know why it bothers me so much to see them together. He has every right to be with whoever he wants to and I can't do anything about it.

Mr. Randell tries to get everyone's attention but no-one seems to want to listen to him. He teaches biology and it was boring. When the bell rings, before I can leave, Jackson steps in the door in front of me and blocks it.

"Hey," he nods his head at me. I don't know why he's talking to me but I can feel my heart start to race, he is really close to me also.

"Hi..." I give him an odd look, it's weird for him to talk to me, especially in front of other people.

"What's going on?" he says, leaning his arm against the door frame.

"Just trying to get to class, so if you'll excuse me," I try to push my way through him but his body blocks me and I get pushed back into my original spot.

"You don't need to go to class, you probably already have an A, so what's a couple minutes gonna kill you?" Jackson smirks at me.

"Please, just let me go," I plead with him and I'm surprised when he moves out of the way. I brush past him and see Mara staring at me.

"Don't say anything," I say to her when I catch up. She just smiles at me, laughing.