Defenses

Last Time:

Ayame sighed as she made it home and dragged her Dad into bed, "I can't believe those fools came to the party! They must be mental-..." There was an envelope on the counter and it was sealed with a red wax that formed a mark from a stamp. She ran over and opened it. "Oh god, Dad!"

XXXXXXXXXX

"I don't see the big deal. Why is it so urgent to get this village to help plant weeds?" Sasuke asked in annoyance. He wasn't helping the awkward feeling between Kurenai and her former sensei.

Naruto sighed, "For the last time, the village is Angel Pass and the weeds we're going there to replant are repellents that keep certain creatures at bay."

"Whatever, it can't be that bad ... we better not miss the exams because of this." The Uchiha scoffed.

(You have no idea how wrong you are, Sasuke.) thought the hybrid.

Flashback

*bang* Naruto and Tsunade looked up from the hokage's desk to see someone tumble through the door, "Ayame! What's wrong?" The hybrid asked as he lent an arm to help the exhausted girl stand.

"Yes, there is, I got this yesterday after the party." She handed Tsunade the letter.

Tsunade's eyes widened as she read the letter, "Do to a series of storms a wild fire broke out and a large portion of wolf's bane and devil's bane that was surrounding the village of Angel Pass was destroyed."

"This is bad. If I recall what you told me then Angel Pass is defenseless and it won't be long before a slew of very dangerous vampires and werewolves make their way here." A concerned Naruto stated.

Ayame nodded, "That's right. Angel Pass is a crossing where only vampires and werewolves who don't devour human flesh can go across. If it's not protected then ..." She let her sentence trail off ominously.

"I understand. I'll send several teams there immediately to guard and replant-... wait, you said you got this last night? Why are you only bringing this up now and where is Teuchi?" asked Tsunade.

Ayame's eye twitched violently, "Well, you see I spent most of the night trying to corral Dad. Apparently, Minato brought coffee flavored ice cream to the party and-"

"I AM A CHICKEN WITH FAT WINGS!" Came a scream as something blurred passed the window. It was Teuchi jumping from roof to roof. The three people watched as Teuchi was tackled by anbu and tied up.

Flashback Over

"I never saw a civilian give the anbu so much trouble." The hybrid mumbled as they came to a set of five streams running next to each other. What was interesting was that the streams connected in some places making it look like the streams were woven together. "Ok, we're close."

"So what's the plan when we get to the most youthful Angel Pass?" asked Gai who was running alongside his team of genin and team 10.

"First, we'll find the most damaged areas and plant Ino's mature plants. Then we'll try to plant seeds in between to fill in those gaps. Everyone should focus on planting, but Kurenai, Gai, Asuma, Minato, Kushina and myself will guard the outskirts of the village."

Sasuke scoffed, "From what? A swarm of insects?"

Gai glared at the arrogant genin, "There's more in this world than what you've seen. Do not make the mistake of thinking you know everything." He said in an uncharacteristically serious tone. Most people understood the warning ...

Of the genin Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, Hinata, Neji, Tenten, Lee, Choji, Shino and Kiba knew of that other world. Choji and Shikamaru know because Ino's clan does, which is why they grow wolf's bane and devil's bane in large quantities. The Inuzuka dogs told their masters years ago just like the Aburame insects told their hosts and they told Hinata when they became teammates. Tenten comes from a family of weapon makers who helped fight vampires and she told her teammates before saving them from one on a mission. Sakura is obvious, she was trained by a hybrid. It helps that Naruto is very honest about his fangs with people he trusts.