10-25-18

I'm tired

I'm tired of feeling worthless, like someone could drop me on the side of the road and not even give it a second thought. I'm tired of letting people down and hurting the ones that mean the most to me. I'm tired of being scared all the time, of being anxious everywhere I go. I'm tired of constantly expecting the worst. I'm tired of feeling useless and like a child. I'm tired of not trying. I'm tired of being a supporting character in my own story. I'm tired of sleeping so much.

I'm tired of being me.

I'm tired of thinking this way, but I have no one else to blame but myself. I've told myself that I'm worthless for so long, that I only let people down. I've convinced myself that only bad things could happen when it comes to me; that I'm my own black cat. I tell myself that I'm useless and have as much worth as a child. That there's no point in trying. I'm only going to fuck it up in the end. I hold myself back when trying to take the lead, then turn my back on the race when I don't get first. I tell myself that sleeping will make me feel better, but when I wake up, it's still the same. So, I go back to sleep, hoping for the best but still expecting the worst. I tell myself that everyone is better than me. That I'm nothing special. That I have nothing to contribute. I tell myself that I'm stuck inside this cage because that's where dangerous animals belong. I tell myself that it sucks to be me, and I do nothing to try to change my mind.