xxiii

Noah

            When Carlos drove in front of Harry's apartment building, Noah told him she was going to go upstairs and say hello to Harry's mother really quick. There was a small speech between them and how Carlos thought he should go upstairs and introduce himself, but Noah narrowed her eyes to her brother and said, "it's fine. I'll be back in five minutes." Carlos laughed and shook his head. Noah and Harry left the car and Noah looked back at Carlos and he stuck out his tongue at her. She just laughed and continued to walk with Harry to the building.

            Nothing had been said in the elevator, nothing about her brother, nothing about the poem, nothing at all. Just silent vague stares, but when Noah had walked Harry to his door, he couldn't help himself. Grabbing onto Noah and pressing her onto the wall, "I haven't been with you all day." He said kissing her cheek and pressing his nose into the nape of her neck. Holy crap, Noah thought, she missed Harry touching her and she wanted him to miss touching her, but she didn't think he would press her against a wall. Noah never thought that was romantic or anything, she always thought it was a stupid thought, but she realized why people liked it, because with Harry's body pressed against hers, she felt like she was going to melt from his body heat. Her hands were innocently at his sides, holding his waist; she didn't know what else she could do, so she just held his small waist. Harry's mouth lunged at Noah's and Harry's hips were pinning her onto the wall, their hands were all over the place; Harry's hands were on Noah's torso a lot, grabbing her and squeezing her causing her to squirm, but she didn't get anywhere because Harry's hips were pressing onto hers hard. Her mouth harvest into his and her hands into his hair, pulling and grabbing; Harry pressed his hips harder onto Noah and his hands curved up her body and to her face, pulling her mouth into his. When Noah heard a growl come from Harry's throat, she gasped and her hands landed on Harry's small butt and grabbed everything she can - which filled her hand - pulled his hips closer.

            They both pulled away from each other breathless. "I should get back to Carlos." Noah said clearing her throat. Harry smiled and kissed her lips once more, "tell your mom I said hi, yeah?" Harry nodded, his thumb ran over her mouth and stared at it. Gosh, Noah thought,  what a long day it has been.

            When Noah had gotten in view of the car, she saw her brother leaning against the car while he was on his phone. Noah walked over to him and poked his tummy while saying, "boop." When he looked at her, she smiled widely and suggested they should begin walking. Noah linked her elbow with her brother and was walking with her head held high. "So," her brother stretched the word out, "made out with your boyfriend?"

            Noah smiled to herself, "shut up." She nudged her brother, "so, what do you think of him?"

            Carlos put his mouth in a straight line and he nodded, "I'm a bit surprised, honestly." Noah raised her eyebrows, "I thought he would've been some hoodlum or something. When you hear the name Harry, you don't think of him, I thought of like Potter or the prince, but this guy was different. Good different." He leaned his head toward Noah's. Harry was different, good different, he wasn't like her old friends or anyone she's ever introduced to her family.

            "Think he's good material to introduce to the family?" Noah asked while taking her keys out. She didn't know she was going home, but that's where Carlos had taken her and she wasn't complaining, that's where her hair dye was and she needed to redo her hair badly. Her brother nodded at her and said, "I'm glad you found someone who suits you."