F I V E

BRAEDEN

— Are you serious? Do you wanna try luck in Hollywood? — asked the boy with green-brownish eyes.

— Yeah, I think we sound good —Dylan raised his hands — You should start having more faith in us.

— We sound average, we lack practice, we've never played in front of anyone but our parents — explained Braeden.

The door of the entrance opened, the boy with curly hair and a green military cap entered through it.

— We haven't even played in front of Cole's parents — Braeden pointed out.

— Why do you want to play in front of my parents? — He frowned.

— Ignore him, he's just bitter — Dylan replied — By the way, you're late.

— You and I were supposed to meet earlier to come together — he looked at him seriously.

— I sent you a text — Dylan excused himself.

— No, you didn't.

— Well, I was thinking about it — and that caused some amusement among the present.

— Fuck you — Cole snapped, not literally, and slammed the brown paper bag into Dylan's chest. Braeden laughed.

— What's this? — Dylan asked, opening the bag —You bought me a hat! Thank you, bro.

— And what did you get me? —Braeden raised his eyebrows.

— Nothing, I saw the cap at the thrift store and all I could think about was Dylan — he replied — Although I think you should stop by and buy something, you need to upgrade your outfits urgently.

— You said you went to the thrift store?

— Yes — affirmed Cole — The one right across the street.

— Did a girl work there? — he asked, hiding his excitement.

— Dude, he just insulted the way you dress and that's all you care about? — Dylan sounded very surprised, but was ignored.

— Two in fact, a brunette and a redhead — Cole replied.

— Oh — he cleared his throat and tried to get serious. Don McLean's American Pie was playing in the background, which gave emotion to that moment; according to Braeden everything was better with a good song in the background — Today an amazing girl showed up, I thought she would go into the store, but she didn't — he explained — She crossed the street and went into the thrift store, she probably works there.

— Then let's go, I don't know what we're waiting for — Dylan put on his new cap.

— No, I can't leave the store alone — he denied — In case someone comes, the profits are too low. I can't afford to leave it when a potential customer might come in in my absence.

— Don't be a coward, it will only take a few minutes — Dylan insisted and tapped him on the shoulder.

Braeden swallowed and rubbed his face with both hands.

— Maybe tomorrow — he finally said.

— I can't believe I have such a coward friend, you don't want to go to Hollywood, you don't want to cross over to see the girl of your dreams — Dylan scolded — You can't live your whole life sitting behind that counter Brae, there's a whole world out there waiting for you.

— I'm not a coward, I'm just rational — he replied almost audibly — I think we should start rehearsing, after all, that's what you're here for, isn't it? — He got up from his stool and walked to the corner of the tent that they were using as a stage.

— Just out of curiosity — Cole interjected — Which girl do you like, the brunette or the redhead?

But Braeden didn't answer, he just burst out laughing.