N I N E

BRAEDEN

He still couldn't believe that he was in that situation, he had been working in the store for nearly three years and had never closed before the established hours, he would never have imagined that the first time would be to go shopping for clothes in a second-hand store, and much less would he have imagined that Cole and Dylan would be there to advise him. Thank God he had Laura, whom he had only met a few hours ago, but seemed down to earth.

"Blue or green?" asked the brown-haired girl.

"Honestly, both" Braeden replied.

"Ah, I guessed, you look good with both colors" there was an awkward silence that lasted a few seconds and then she added "Because of your skin tone and eyes, after working so long in the store you learn these things. White is also a safe option" She turned away to hide the fact that she had blushed.

"I think it's time to go to the dressing room," Dylan suggested "If we keep adding clothes like this, Braeden will never finish trying them on."

"You're right" Laura bit her lip "Come this way" she walked to the back of the store, a blonde boy with calypso windbreaker and freckles was in front of them looking at his phone. He looked up once he felt the presence of the crowd.

"How many garments?" He asked in a soft voice.

"About twenty" Cole replied.

"It's a joke, right? The maximum is 4."

"Just this time Dean, they come with me, I'll supervise them."

"Laura..."

"They're not going to steal anything, I swear" she exclaimed "If you want, you can count all the clothes before they enter the changing rooms and when they leave" she shrugged.

"No need, I can try on just four and return the rest" Braeden said.

"No" the two boys and the girl answered in unison.

"Okay, I'll let them through this time, just this time" Dean relented.

"Thanks mate" Laura gave him the five and the boy rolled his eyes.

"Hey, you could have passed them some baskets to carry the clothes, it's what people normally do" he whispered.

"I know, but I had to keep them busy or they'd build disastrous outfits, I'm pretty sure" she winked at him.

"Pure evil" said the blond and let them go to the fitting room.

Once inside the villagers, Braeden noticed that there were too many clothes. How did they want all that to be tried on? he thought about going out and telling them that he wouldn't do it, that after all he had a lot of clothes in his house; but, number one: they would kill him and number two: he didn't really have that many clothes, the truth is that he generally didn't care what he looked like physically, and if he wanted to seduce Katie, he had to do his part.

After a ton of clothes and having to model in front of his friends, Braeden was already at the counter ready to pay for his new purchases: two hoodies, one green and one black, a striped sweater, two T-shirts and khaki pants.

"It wasn't as terrible as you thought, right?" asked the brown-eyed girl.

"No, it wasn't" Braeden smiled without showing his teeth.

"Will you come back then?"

"Probably i won't go back to buy clothes for some time, it's not my favorite pastime" he said.

"Oh, okay," the girl tried to camouflage her disappointment with a small laugh, but it was useless.

"But maybe I'll stop by once in a while to say hi" Braeden shrugged "You can visit the vinyl store whenever you want."

"Yes, I probably will...after all you need to attract as many potential clients as possible" She raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly" he pointed at her with her index finger and thumb in the form of a pistol.

"Are you ready?" Cole asked, who had just arrived with Dylan.

"Yeah" agreed the green-eyed boy "I have to go now, the store is closed but the band still has to rehearse."

"Sure, practice makes perfect."

"You can stop by to listen to us whenever you want" Dylan pointed out "You will always be welcome."

"That's very sweet, I'll consider it" answered "Thank you."

And after that little conversation the three boys left the store.

━━━✧♡✧━━━✧♡✧━━━✧♡✧━━━

Early friday update! Enjoy it and have a nice weekend