number six/ ben { i }

we stan a soft little child.
i did change it up a little bit, but other than that, i hope you enjoy!

title: blushy ben

summary: (umbrella academy as kids) ben is a mess around you, their nearby neighbor. when he admits to klaus that he likes you, klaus does everything he can to lift benny boy's spirits and confidence up.

requested?: yes!
requested by @awritercalledemma

~~~

"You like Y/n?"

Ben was never himself around you. Who can blame him? He made you feel like the whole world. Although he would be a stuttering and blushing mess, he still thought you were an amazing person to be around.

And since no one can keep their mouths closed when asked about their love interest, Ben cracked under the pressure of none other than Klaus.

Ben immediately started blushing. "Yeah," he answered, "Just a smidge!"

Klaus was grinning like a kid on Christmas day. "That's so adorable, Benny boy!" Ben blushed even harder at the nickname.

"Ben and Y/n sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-"

"SHHH!"

Klaus immediately started laughing at Ben, a helpless lover. Once drying his tears, he asked the needed-to-know question.

"Why don't you just ask her out?"

Ben was silent. He never really knew. He just guessed you didn't like him back and called it a day.

"I-"

"Wait! I'm pretty sure she's coming over later to hang out with Allison! Maybe you could just ask her then," Klaus got to it before Ben, and before the blushing boy could reply, there was a ring at the door.

Allison got it before anyone else and let you in. As Klaus saw you pass by his room, he quickly pulled Ben out into the hallway and slammed the door into his face.

Before Ben could process what was happening and protest, he noticed you were standing there.

"O-Oh! H-Hey, Y/n!" he replied, beginning to flush a deep pink.

"Hiya Ben! How's your day?" you replied. Allison got what was happening, and slowly moved into her room, leaving the conversation up to you two.

"G-Good."

Go for it dude! he heard a very annoying Klaus behind him whisper.

"S-So, I was wondering i-if you'd want-want to.. maybe g-go out w-with-with me," he got out the words, and he thought he had to re-speak them, but you heard it all.

Your face flushed a deep shade of scarlet and you didn't know what to answer at first. You felf butterflies erupt in your stomach as the words registered in your brain.

"Sure!" You answered, almost a little too happily. Ben looked up at you in disbelief.

"Wh-"

You kissed his cheek lightly and smiled at him, before turning and finishing your journey to Allison's bedroom.

Ben was a deep shade of red as he floated back into Klaus's room, A flushed grin on his face.

"Atta boy!"

~~~

i hope you like it!